Dimensions for a vertical gas smoker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my hands on the dimensions of a vertical gas smoker. I live in Ukraine and smokers are hard to come by or insainly expensive. There is a local fabrication shop that is willing to build me a custom smoker if I get them dimensions.

I'm mainly curious about the distance from the burner to the bottom of the chip tray and then from the burner to the bottom of the water pan.

I'm not as concerned about the width and depth as I'm going to go buy oven racks and he will fit the measurements to that. I'm thinking 34" hight roughly.

I am curious also does there need to be space in the back of the smoker from the back side of the oven racks pushed all the way in to the backside of the smoker. I seem to recall on my smoker back home that I had it had a few inches of space. Whether that was just the design of the Smokey Mountain smoker or not, I'm not sure.

The Smokey Mountain 34" 2 drawer vertical gas smoker is what I'm thinking of in my head when I think about roughly what I want it to look like in the end.

If you wanted to throw up some pictures as well that could be helpful as I could print them off and write the dimensions on the print for him.

Thanks in advance. Would really appreciate the help as so far I've not been able to come across these specific measurements in my researching. Most blueprints I've found is for a vertical with a side box.

wholehog3.jpg
smoker p2.JPG
smoker p.JPG
smoker p1.JPG

Back