Did I give my starter enough time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_trout

Reaction score
So I fell alseep at the proverbial wheel and forgot to make my starter earlier in the week. I banged out a small one pint starter this morning with the hope to brew tomorrow afternoon. Im going for a mid range pale with an OG of around 1.046 and my yeast was 1056 dated 12/13. No stir plate unfortunatley.

I suppose I could push my brewday until Sunday but thats really going to be a pain. Do you think Im going to be ok to pitch it after about 30 hours in the flask?

no need to push the brew day back, you can just push pitching back a day if need be, it won't harm anything given you sanitize properly. 30 hours should be plenty of time tho

I agree with the previous poster. You don't have enough time to chill and decant, obviously, but if you're pitching the whole starter, 30 hours should be plenty of time. A bit longer would be optimal, but with a lower gravity beer and with 1056, personally, I'd be surprised if you had any problems.

thanks guys. delayed pitch is the way to go for me here. i should have thought of that myself. HBT is like having a brew club of thousands to draw on. brew day is saved. :rockin:

Back