CraftBeerPi - Raspberry Pi Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be interested in pricing at least. Would also be interested in knowing your BOM, as I am particularly curious as to your recommendations for the 1-wire terminals and the sound generator attached to GPIO25?

Alternately, you can assign whatever open Channel on the 12v rail to your buzzer and use a 12vdc alarm.

You do you. Boards shipped from manf. Could take up to 4 weeks so when they get here I'll let everyone know individually.

New to Pi and brewing automation and can't seem to figure out how to change the temp from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
Pi3 B v1.2
Craftbeerpi 2.1
Raspibian
Chromium
I have four ds1820 connected.
all programs where uploaded this past monday

thanks

Fairly confident it's in the settings tab. I don't have mine up right now but I was able to change it. Although, doesn't doing a ramp from 40 to 66C sound better than 104 to 154?

Menu\Configuration\unit

image.png

In case that wasn't clear, click on the word 'UNIT'; it is a link to the panel where you can select which option, C or F. The link is not underlined until you click on it.

For whatever reason, when I select "configuration" the only things that show up are "switch_type" and "thermometer_type". I currently have four probes connected and four kettles set up, all reading correctly.

Though, I did create a few unnamed kettles that I couldn't delete, so i deleted the craftbeerpi.db file.

Thanks, Manuel. Just sent you the app.log. The setup goes fine, and I can customize my hardware profiles. It recognizes the OneWire probe I have connected. But on the main page, when you should press start to initialize the profile sequence (heating, cooling, wait periods, etc.) based on a particular recipe loaded, nothing happens. Doesn't initialize. And the manual buttons (to activate the heater, or a pump, for instance) do nothing...

Hello there, I am having the exact same problem and I don't see a reply or fix on here. Did you ever get this resolved? If so... what was the fix, Please help!!!

Yes, I did manage to figure it out. It is related to the anti-virus on my laptop. Whenever I access the page, I have to disable Kaspersky. Haven't been able to find what to adjust in the firewall/web attack/antivirus configuration that doesn't seem to like the way the web interface works, but all I know is when I disable it, the system works like a charm.

Yes, I did manage to figure it out. It is related to the anti-virus on my laptop. Whenever I access the page, I have to disable Kaspersky. Haven't been able to find what to adjust in the firewall/web attack/antivirus configuration that doesn't seem to like the way the web interface works, but all I know is when I disable it, the system works like a charm.
Thanks for the reply

@SHvanBommel:

What is the pitch of the various terminal connector pads on your board? It looks like the 1-wire pads are 5.08mm (twice the pitch of the pi header) and the 12V GPIO pads are 3.5mm. Is that correct?

They are 3mm (sparkfun: PRT-10571) and 5mm (sparkfun: PRT-08433). as I put these together there will be refinements to the design. Cheers!

Hi

Is it possible to integrate an load cell to craftbeerpi? One like this?
Not just for displaying the weight of the kettle, but if I connect an solenoid valve I could set an wished volume (kg) and the valve was opening and then close at wished volume.

Possible?

-Kjenset-

An pressure sensor is an alternative, but since the pressurehight of the kettle is so low i'm unsure if an pressure sensor could give an accurate reading.

In my kettle the pressure at the bottom with filled kettle with water is about 0,5psi. So the pressure differanse at one litre is about 0,013psi.

-Kjenset-

Does everybody use a transistor to get the SSR to work? Anybody just using the GPIO on the PI?

I've got a pot with two heaters in it. 1 x 1500W and 1 x 1000W. How should I wire this?
1. Both on one SSR
2. Two SSR but on the same GPIO
3. Two SSR and two GPIO. One connected to the pot in CBP and on just as an additional hardware. I would have to turn the element on and off whenever I need to use it (to heat it up faster, boiling etc).

In my head, number 1 is the correct way to go. The SSR can handle it.

Don't connect an SSR directly to a RasPi GPIO pin. You want to buffer the GPIO. The max current the Pi can handle on one pin is 16ma and the max total for all pins combined is 50ma. Depending on your SSR you are likely to exceed the capability of the Pi. Auber specs the Mager SSR they sell at 3ma to 25ma input. I suspect that varies based on the input voltage and output wattage (VA).

Can someone tell me how to invert the gpio value for the pumps only?

I'm either real bad at searching this thread, or I cant find the solution.

Cheers,

Googled:

http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6226

"Hey,

I had the exact same problem with the 4-channel version of the same board. This fixed it for me:

It's solved!!

This did the trick, and everything is working like it should be, include the relais state stay OFF on powerup boot... >

In /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh

sudo sh -c 'echo # > /sys/class/gpio/export'
sudo sh -c 'echo high > /sys/class/gpio/gpio#/direction'
sudo sh -c 'echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio#/active_low'

Where # is gpio pin.

*Edit The only thing needed to do was to enter the codes all up in the startupscript, domoticz.sh
I was entering it into the latest line, so when domoticz started up it didnt see the gpio ports.
Now it does, and everything works!"

I would think that this would apply in the same way except finding the write script to insert the code and appropriate gpio#

Perhaps @manuel can help with that.

Googled:

http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6226

"Hey,

I had the exact same problem with the 4-channel version of the same board. This fixed it for me:

It's solved!!

This did the trick, and everything is working like it should be, include the relais state stay OFF on powerup boot... >

In /etc/init.d/domoticz.sh

sudo sh -c 'echo # > /sys/class/gpio/export'
sudo sh -c 'echo high > /sys/class/gpio/gpio#/direction'
sudo sh -c 'echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio#/active_low'

Where # is gpio pin.

*Edit The only thing needed to do was to enter the codes all up in the startupscript, domoticz.sh
I was entering it into the latest line, so when domoticz started up it didnt see the gpio ports.
Now it does, and everything works!"

I would think that this would apply in the same way except finding the write script to insert the code and appropriate gpio#

Perhaps @manuel can help with that.

Hey great, thanks for that.

So do I add a line for each of my GPIO pins I want to invert?

Cheers,

Currently the data is stored in-memory only. I will add a simple csv export next days. Then you can import the data into excel or what ever tool you like.

Manuel, did you have a chance to look into exporting the data from memory? I'd like to save my mash data for different batches, but haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Thanks!

Is there any possibility of adding a cooling function to the software. Preferably using a hysteresis method. I'm trying to set up a glycol setup and would help out tremendously.

I am having an issue with the rig starting up. I am using a Sainsmart 8-channel relay to run my 110v for pumps and to fire the SSRs for my heaters in a 3-kettle HERMS system. The issue I am having is that when CBPi starts up, it switches all of the relays from low to high (off to on). I can wire the relays so that the load is powered in either the off or on state, but since the default for the RPi is off and the default of CBPi is on, my pumps and heaters are on as soon as I power the RPi until CBPi starts. This is obviously not ideal.

I have tried the solution earlier in the thread to reverse the operation of the relays, but that does not seem to have any effect. I have also tried changing the "hardware control type" from 1 to 0 and back. I'm not sure what this is designed to do, but it does not seem to affect the way the relays work.

My goal would be to keep the relays off and only turn them on when I want to turn on a pump or heater. My only workaround so far is to unplug both the 110v and 220v input until CBPi is running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A full diagram of my wiring is attached (I can email a full-res PDF if it would help).

Wiring Diagram.jpg

^i would consider this a major fault. I'll go and check on my setup (I have switches for on/off/auto and always start in "off" until I start my process.

I have been following this project with great interest, as it looks like I can use it to automate my 3 keggle propane setup. I have built each version of the teensypi/teensynet projects with not much success, probably because of defects in my knowledge of how things work,so I two questions. From that project, I have built LCD boards that use I2C lines. Can I connect 2 LCD boards to the I2C lines to run my RGB LCDs? Also I have 5v, 5a power supplies. Can I hook one up rather than stepping down from 12 volts?

Back