Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you did throw the Red Poppy in there, so there's one easy one. Not an easy one I have or I'd have two. Put something else up I have. :D

Oh no I didn't realize that red poppy is easier to get! Strike that from my list!

;) jk

Nine additions. Tried to add some that are more attainable this time around.

Allagash: cerise, resurgam
The Bruery: Black Tuesday, Chocolate rain
Cascade Brewing: Bourbonic Plague, Sang Noir, Cuvee Du Jongleur, Sang Royal
Cantillon: blabaer, fou fone, 50N4E
Lawsons Finest: Fayston Maple Imperial Stour (especially BA!)
Hill Farmstead: Genealogy of Morals (either BA), Damon (either BA), Mimosa
Lost Abbey: Duck Duck Gooze, Cable Car, Red Poppy
Goose Island: King Henry
Cigar City: Any BA Zhukov, Hunahpu (BA or vintage)
FiftyFifty: Eclipse (Elijah Craig or Evan Williams)
Founders: CBS
Westvleteren 12
Port: Churchill’s finest hour
Toppling Goliath: Kentucky Brunch, Morning Delight, Assassin
Boulavard: Love Child #3
Portsmith: Kate the Great

TheMan said:
I think this list is pretty solid. Someone will grab it soon

Someone hook him up before I guiltily fill this with shelf beers.

DisturbdChemist said:
If those beers are shelf beers, I want to move to where you live

That's what I was thinking.
The only one of those I've seen on the shelf around here is the LC3.

NuclearRich said:
Nine additions. Tried to add some that are more attainable this time around.

Westvleteren 12

You're lucky you haven't been yelled at by any New Hampshire folk. Also this years batch of BA Damon won't be released until the end of September :( that would be sweet to get an older bottle though!

You're lucky you haven't been yelled at by any New Hampshire folk. Also this years batch of BA Damon won't be released until the end of September :( that would be sweet to get an older bottle though!

Haha ya I'm sure ktg shouldn't be on my list, but its got a reputation and I would love to try one before its gone forever. Even if the new brewery in kittery maine will be making the exact recipe under the same head brewer, with a different name.

NuclearRich said:
Haha ya I'm sure ktg shouldn't be on my list, but its got a reputation and I would love to try one before its gone forever. Even if the new brewery in kittery maine will be making the exact recipe under the same head brewer, with a different name.

Portsmouth :)

'Cause I don't want to feel like a jerk sending weak extras?

Haha, wasnt poking anyone specific.

On a side note, anyone else get more excited for the extras than the maw beers? When someone grants my maw I am happy I am getting two off my list, but I think the mystery and suspense of what extras are included is more exciting lol

And its not like they are required, I just know its very likely there will be some.

Been holding out on trading a bunch of bottles ive seen on recent MAW's and of course the last few have had 0 of these. Gonna start dealing them or drinking them soon.

....must....not.....drink...

TheMan said:
Haha, wasnt poking anyone specific.

On a side note, anyone else get more excited for the extras than the maw beers? When someone grants my maw I am happy I am getting two off my list, but I think the mystery and suspense of what extras are included is more exciting lol

And its not like they are required, I just know its very likely there will be some.

Heck, you are TheMan. One of the extras you sent is on this list! As much as I like obscure, limited release stuff, it's been really fun to get to try great local beers like Daisy Cutter and Jai Alai and to try each others homebrew.

I think he was talking about Tod's new brewery that he is opening in Kittery. I have heard some people say he may actually brew it in collaboration with Tyler, the brewer at Portsmouth.

Has he acquired space yet? Do we know what it will be called?
Taking a trip up that way this weekend, heading up to Portland actually.

The town just passed an ordinance that allows specialized food and beverage business to open in commercial zoning, when it used to be only industrial. So I don't think they officially have a building but I'm sure they have their sights set. I have heard 'tributary' brewing company is the name being given to it.

Novarra Res has a decent selection of Cantillon (not to go, it is a bar). I had an Iris there a couple weeks ago for $32. They had a bunch of other ones, including Fou Foune ($50?).

Novarra Res has a decent selection of Cantillon (not to go, it is a bar). I had an Iris there a couple weeks ago for $32. They had a bunch of other ones, including Fou Foune ($50?).

Ya I was there earlier in the month. Fou foune is on the menu but sold out and they don't actually have it. I had vignerone st lamvinus and classic geuze. It was my birthday! What??

Westvleteren 12

Bump to current page. Fingers crossed.

I haven't heard of that beer and looked it up on Google. Looks awesome, I also think he is being hopeful for ya.

Ha!

What they said. I'd love to try it one day.

Cool thanks. Wasnt sure if you we're telling me to temper my expectations lol. I shouldn't have even second guessed, this has always been a really friendly thread.

In news that's closer to being on topic (don't worry, I'll get back to OT really quick haha), I guess I have to further expand my list. Gonna start thinking about it this morning

This just made my day!!
Gotta check this place out, hitting up allagash, maine beer co, maine mead company and possibly shipyard/peak organic (worth it??) have to hit a 8 oclock dinner down in oguinquit anything else I should check out in the area besides novare res??

This just made my day!!
Gotta check this place out, hitting up allagash, maine beer co, maine mead company and possibly shipyard/peak organic (worth it??) have to hit a 8 oclock dinner down in oguinquit anything else I should check out in the area besides novare res??

A bit of a haul from Portland, but if you want to drink some rare beers, a trip to Ebeneezer's is worth it. If you go, see if Chris will show you the cellar.

A bit of a haul from Portland, but if you want to drink some rare beers, a trip to Ebeneezer's is worth it. If you go, see if Chris will show you the cellar.

What! The! Hell! If I lived anywhere near this place, I would be bankrupt! Is this place real? Lol wow!

Got these gems from Leubega today. Thanks man, looking forward to digging in. Those Almanacs will be empty tonight.

ForumRunner_20130829_131710.jpg

This just made my day!!

Maybe Rising Tide Brewing and Bunker Brewing. Pick up some Oxbow for farmhouse ales. The Bier Cellar is a nice bottle shop.

Maybe Rising Tide Brewing and Bunker Brewing. Pick up some Oxbow for farmhouse ales. The Bier Cellar is a nice bottle shop.

Oh yeah oxbow is hill farmstead of maine. I visited and loved it. Barrel aged farmhouse ale is a fantastic bottle, sasuga is amazint.

Back