Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so some of these maybe harder than others, and some I have no idea what their availability/rareness are. I will edit accordingly, and keep adding to the list through out the day. My distribution is IL. Cheers! :mug:

In order of wish, top-down:

The Rare Barrel: Any
Russian River Brewing Company: Supplication
Side Project: Any
Upright Brewing Company: Special Herbs
Jester King Brewery:Wytchmaker Farmhouse Rye IPA, Das Wunderkind!
Off Color Brewing: DinoS'mores, Bare Bear
Pearl Street Brewery: Raspberry Tambois
Prairie Artisan Ales: Birra Farmhouse Ale, Cherry Funk
Toppling Goliath Brewing: pseudo Sue
Cigar City Brewing: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Brown Ale, Caramel Graham Cracker
DuClaw Brewing Company: Sweet Baby Jesus!
Base Camp Brewing Company: S'more Stout
Denver Beer Co: Graham Cracker Porter
Lefty's Brewing Company: Graham Cracker Porter
Straight to Ale: Velvet Evil

Bumping to the front

Anyone else feel that some of these lists have been far from easy lately? A few of them have been tougher than the original MAW lists were. Obviously not impossible as they eventually get picked up, but we've come a long way since requests were for larger regional distro shelf beers. Hope I'm not out of line, just commenting on the trend.

Anyone else feel that some of these lists have been far from easy lately? A few of them have been tougher than the original MAW lists were. Obviously not impossible as they eventually get picked up, but we've come a long way since requests were for larger regional distro shelf beers. Hope I'm not out of line, just commenting on the trend.

I agree with this, but I'm not sure it's intentional. Lots of beers get hyped, and sometimes it's hard to know what is and what's not a shelf beer (I've made this mistake). That said, a few recent lists that sit around for awhile seem to be sour-heavy, which are almost never shelf. I understand the allure; everyone wants to get lucky (and sometimes generous souls like @hello come along.... :D )

The current list has very few that I think are "shelf:" birra is the only one I know for sure (I'm sure it's not the only one, just the only one I'm sure of).

I agree.

Ok, so some of these maybe harder than others, and some I have no idea what their availability/rareness are. I will edit accordingly, and keep adding to the list through out the day. My distribution is IL. Cheers! :mug:

Upright Brewing Company: Special Herbs

Jester King Brewery:Wytchmaker Farmhouse Rye IPA, Das Wunderkind!

Cigar City Brewing: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Brown Ale, Caramel Graham Cracker

CCB Oatmeal Raisin Cookie is a tap room beer a couple times a year, it may have been bottled a time or two (I've never seen it in bottles).
I've never seen Caramel Graham Cracker, and it hasn't been checked in on Untappd in over a year.

Just speaking for myself...what makes this thread great, is/was some of you maw list guys and gals throwing out "send me whatever isn't in my distro...and some homebrew...and hey you sompls! who just hit 100 posts, send me some surly and new glarus, yeah I'm talking to you!"
:)I'm in! I keep watching and waiting :mug:

If lists had more "any beer from this brewery" wants, i think keeping a few harder to get beers on the list is perfectly fine. However, there hasn't been much of that lately. The longer the list, the more likely it gets picked up. This thread is great about self regulation and this proves that. Lets try to make some easier lists here on out and get this thread back to 9+ grants in a day like we used to!! :rockin:

I agree with you guys, and that's why I originally stated in my first post,
Ok, so some of these maybe harder than others, and some I have no idea what their availability/rareness are. I will edit accordingly
and I've been sick for a week so I haven't been able to add more stuff.

I plan on adding more beers after my HB club meeting tonight.

I agree with you guys, and that's why I originally stated in my first post, and I've been sick for a week so I haven't been able to add more stuff.

I think everyone is just pointing out a trend that has developed. Lists are getting more difficult to fulfill. Not singling you out.
Just my personal opinion, but I would think with it being the "easy" maw, the first list should be pretty easy to fulfill without having to be expanded multiple times. It's fine to have a couple more difficult beers on the list, but I think it would be best if it was balanced by enough easier items that hit the same distribution. Or maybe a little more research before putting a beer on a list. That way 10 people don't have to point out that it's limited/brewery/tap room only/hasn't been brewed in a year.
Just my opinion and not singling anybody out. Just things I've noticed.

Send me cases of sip of sunshine or I'll hulk smash everyone.

I kid I kid. All I've got is Sweet Baby Jesus or I'd grant.

I agree with you guys, and that's why I originally stated in my first post, and I've been sick for a week so I haven't been able to add more stuff.

Sorry, I had intended to say in my post that I was not intentionally singling you out just because you had the most recent list. It's definitely been a trend off and on for the last several months that has slowed this thread down.

Send me cases of sip of sunshine or I'll hulk smash everyone.

I kid I kid. All I've got is Sweet Baby Jesus or I'd grant.

Shoot, I thought you said "Send me cases of sip of sunshine AND I'll hulk smash everyone"...dude(dudette?), I was checking mapquest for the quickest way to Vermont! :drunk:

This has been the trend for awhile. It is often hard to know what beers are shelf and what are more limited.

No one's list in particular spurred this conversation. This thread was on fire when it started (9 grants in one day) but now it has been sitting for weeks at a time.

That said, I think limited beers are fine IF you also include at least 10 breweries/beers that are generally available widely at least in the state they are brewed.

I get it: knowing what to put on your list is tough unless you spend a lot of time reading about beer or listening to beer podcasts.

When I started in the MAW threads I was just looking up beer on other's lists to see if it was something i was interested in. It's great getting what you wish for but the best part is when extras show up that blow your mind.

For example: Fargo Brewing beers are easy for me to get since they are brewed in my state but see limited distro outside of the state since they are new.

The limited brews might catch the attention of a generous HBTer that wants to be awesome.

They can also be a great indication of beer styles you would try but maybe haven't heard of before for extras or whatever. Such as asking for Westbrook Goss but not knowing of Destihl or Anderson Valley.

List Updated:

Ok, so some of these maybe harder than others, and some I have no idea what their availability/rareness are. I will edit accordingly, and keep adding to the list. My distribution is IL. Styles that I'm really into are:

• Sours
  • Fruit
  • Wheat
  • Porter
  • Pale Ale
  • Saison

Cheers!

Upright Brewing Company: Special Herbs, Gose
Funky Buddha: Any, but would really like Pina Colada Wheat
Jester King Brewery: Any funky, fruit, farmhouse ones, except Noble King.
Funkwerks: Any
Upland Brewing Company: Any of their sours
NoDa Brewing Company: Hop Cakes
Pizza Boy Brewing Company: Any
Cascade Brewing: Gose, Apricot Ale
Odell Brewing Company: Any
Highland Brewing Company: Thunderstruck Coffee Porter
Saint Arnold Brewing Company: Any

Let's start with this to calm the restless...

Societe (Anything)
Alchemist (Anything)
Pliny
Cigar City (Wood Aged Jai Alai, Espresso Cubano)
(512) Brewing Cascabel Cream Stout
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Bootleggers - Knuckle Sandwich
Bootleggers - Black Phoenix
Carton (Anything)
DuClaw (Anything but prefer dark and malty)
Fat Head's - Hop Juju
Fat Head's - Oompa Loompa
FFF (pretty much any)
Good People - Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Heretic (anything, but especially Shallow Grave)
NEBCO (Anything)
Smuttynose - Baltic Porter
Smuttynose - Imperial Stout
Spring House - Lil Gruesome (really anything)
Thirsty Dog (Anything malty like scotch ale, barleywine, or stout-ish)

I'll be stopping at the bottle shop tonight after work. I *might* be able to do this. Just need to check on a few things. If it's still up tonight, and I find what I'm looking for, I'll grab this.

Apologies for the list delay. Work got busy after lunch. This one should be pretty easy.

Pliny
Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
Hopworks Urban Brewery (any)
Ska (any)
Santa Fe (any)
Habenero Sculpin
Kern River (any)
Modern Times (any)
Tommyknocker (any)
Westbrook (any)
Cigar City (any except Jai Alai, particularly interested in Puppy's Breath)
Tallgrass (any)

Ok here goes...

Maine Beer Company (any)
Oxbow (any)
Nightshift (any)
Other half (any)
Upland (any)
Upright - gose or any Belgian
Pizza boy (any)
Jester King any Belgian or sour

That's it for now I'll update more I'm out right now.

I can satisfy that one. MBC and Other Half are accessible to me.

Ok here goes...

Maine Beer Company (any)
Oxbow (any)
Nightshift (any)
Other half (any)
Upland (any)
Upright - gose or any Belgian
Pizza boy (any)
Jester King any Belgian or sour

That's it for now I'll update more I'm out right now.

Ok, trying to not get too outlandish with this:

Three Flloyds: Zombie Dust, Alpha King, Gumballhead....basically anything from them

Russian River: Anything

Maui Brewing Company: Coconut Porter

Prairie: Any, but especially interested in any of the sours

Jester King: Any

New Glarus: Any

Toppling Goliath: Any except Tsunami since I've had that one

Ghost In The Machine

Perennial Artisan Ales: Any

A very long shot, but...

Bruery:Any of the rarer stuff that doesn't get mass distribution

Sip of Sunshine

Thanks, guys.

Ghost In The Machine

Bruery:Any of the rarer stuff that doesn't get mass distribution

I would think that these two push the boundaries of easy (non-mass distro Bruery stuff moreso). Ghost technically isn't brewery only, but it rarely hits the shelf (most places that get it keep it in the back where you have to ask for it), and when it does, it has a one or two bottle limit. You also don't have any other things on there that cross distro with it (other than Birra, since all the other Prairie beers are less shelf here than Ghost). Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but unless this is still here Tuesday of next week, your chances of getting Ghost are practically nil. ;)

I think this is doable from at least a West Coast person (Maui, RR) and then Three Flloyds and New Glares. I definitely do not think asking for anything rare and not mass distributed by The Bruery is okay for this particular forum. However, Cascade can kind of fall into that...maybe. It doesn't mean it has to be granted based on that.

I think this is doable from at least a West Coast person (Maui, RR) and then Three Flloyds and New Glares. I definitely do not think asking for anything rare and not mass distributed by The Bruery is okay for this particular forum. However, Cascade can kind of fall into that...maybe. It doesn't mean it has to be granted based on that.

I don't see anything wrong with the rest of the list. Just pointing out the two on his list that are less than easy. I am almost definitely the only person on the thread that could grant Ghost in the Machine (unless somebody else just got some in a trade). It's not that easy to get in Louisiana (at least until 2016 when Andrew's massive hop contract takes effect) and we're its only distro.

Back