Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost 20 pounds of awesome on it's way to the land of Oregon. Tracking number sent.

Yes, most likely something broke. At this point one of two things will happen. The local center will repack what isn't broken and deliver it tomorrow. Several people have had this experience and if it happens, be grateful.

My experience, like sfrisby's, was that the shipment was disposed of (not that they indicated how it was disposed - I'm imagining into someone's trunk!) and you will get that quasi-threatening form letter. And perhaps a phone call (which I did since I have a FedEx account. He was my 'account manager' whom I'd never heard from before or since but happened to call a couple of weeks after I got the letter to mention that shipping alcohol is a no-no.)

I sincerely hope you luck into the first possibility! :mug:

Yes, most likely something broke. At this point one of two things will happen. The local center will repack what isn't broken and deliver it tomorrow. Several people have had this experience and if it happens, be grateful.

My experience, like sfrisby's, was that the shipment was disposed of (not that they indicated how it was disposed - I'm imagining into someone's trunk!) and you will get that quasi-threatening form letter. And perhaps a phone call (which I did since I have a FedEx account. He was my 'account manager' whom I'd never heard from before or since but happened to call a couple of weeks after I got the letter to mention that shipping alcohol is a no-no.)

I sincerely hope you luck into the first possibility! :mug:

Thanks for the information. I sincerely hope I do as well. I had some bottles (Lunch none the less) stolen from my gfs car this weekend and just today I accidentally broke off my key in the mailbox ... heres to hoping for some good luck to come my way haha.

In order of wish, top-down:

Hill Farmstead (any)

Tired Hands (any)

Knee Deep (SIMTRA)

FATE Brewing (Coffee IPA)

Lawson's Finest Liquids (any, preferably any Maple)

Russian River (any)

Upland (any)

The Alchemist (any, I have had Heady would prefer something else; but fresh Heady is always welcome)

Societe (any)

Alpine (any)

Modern Times (any, especially Blazing World and Fortunate Islands)

Small Town Brewery (Not Your Father's Root Beer)

Toppling Goliath (Pseudo Sue)

Half Acre (Daisy Cutter)

3 Floyds (Alpha King, Gumball, Zombie Dust)

Carton Brewing (any)

Spring House (Martians Kidnapped Santa)

I like IPAs (fresher the better) of all types (IPA, IIPA, IIIPA, xIPA), sours, barrel aged, etc. I like all beer but prefer some over others. That said I am not a big fan of amber, red or wheat beers. (Although there are exceptions)

Add (not in order):

Jester King (any, except Snorkel, El Cedro, Das Wunderkind, Wytchmaker, Provenance, Noble King)

Wicked Weed (any)

Mead (anything you think is good)*

Unita (Birthday Suit, Oaked Pumpkin)

EPIC (Big Bad Baptist)

The Bruery (any)

Lost Abbey (any)

Evil Twin (any Break)

Nighthift (any)

Great Divide (Yeti variants, had original)

Trinity (sours)

Logsdon (preference for Seizoen and variants)

HUB (IPAs)

Lagunitas (Sucks)

Stone (Oaked Bastard)

Dogfish (Midas Touch)

Any ice Cider (that you believe is good)

Any micro cider (looking at you PNW and NE US)

Also, if you know of something that I should be drinking; send me a PM so I can take a look and see what I think about it.

Hmm...It now says being held for recipient pick up. I haven't talked to the sender yet, so maybe he spoke to them, so maybe I am super lucky. I still have the slightest suspicion they are going to give me **** when I go in there (not to mention its 30 min away, not the nearest fedex facility). Maybe its just leaky and they didn't open it and don't know whats inside?

Hmm...It now says being held for recipient pick up. I haven't talked to the sender yet, so maybe he spoke to them, so maybe I am super lucky. I still have the slightest suspicion they are going to give me **** when I go in there (not to mention its 30 min away, not the nearest fedex facility). Maybe its just leaky and they didn't open it and don't know whats inside?

Invest in some heavy duty trash bags. I usually line a box with one 55 gallon thick trash bag. Everything goes inside it. They will contain any mess, should something break.

Yes that works very well. I usually double bag too just to be extra safe. I will be doing the same for my car tonight haha.

There's really no telling. They won't tell you as the recipient much of anything. They might harass the sender a little.

Welp, I just got off the phone with them, they said they would deliver it tomorrow and were very apologetic about the delay and inconvenience. They wouldn't say anything about the package, apart that it was damaged. So fingers crossed, we will see tomorrow!

The person that you will talk with is most likely a part time employee that really doesn't care. They might mention it but I doubt they will lecture you too much.

Two weeks ago we had a box come in that was leaking a lot of beer. The designated guy to inspect packages knows me and asked what kind of beer it was. Someone had sent 6 bottles of a pricey stout in a 6 pack carrier in a box with several news paper "balls" to keep it in place. 3 made it some how. It was packed back up and held for will call.

The person that delivered it wouldn't have known what was in the box since she is a part time employee that works afternoons where as the inspection guy works mornings.

If they were that upset about it they would send it back, but at this time of the year with ever increasing volume through all small package channels it would be dumb to sacrifice volume to return it when it is already at the destination.

Also, I believe all FedEx Ground contractors are paid per piece not a flat rate so it is to their advantage to make sure it gets delivered. Which is a good reason to use FedEx (plus I don't want to bite the hand that feeds for violating any applicable policies).

Hope this isn't considered "off topic", but does anyone know: if a canned beer freezes a little, is there any negative affect? I recently received 12 very nice beers in a trade, but UPS didn't deliver until just now (7pm) and the beers seemed a little frozen when I opened (it's been just below freezing here in MPLS all day). The cans weren't swelled or leaking, but when I gently shook them it seemed to me they were a bit frozen. Just wondering how concerned I should be. I don't want to open one when frozen as it would waste a really good beer.

Hope this isn't considered "off topic", but does anyone know: if a canned beer freezes a little, is there any negative affect? I recently received 12 very nice beers in a trade, but UPS didn't deliver until just now (7pm) and the beers seemed a little frozen when I opened (it's been just below freezing here in MPLS all day). The cans weren't swelled or leaking, but when I gently shook them it seemed to me they were a bit frozen. Just wondering how concerned I should be. I don't want to open one when frozen as it would waste a really good beer.

Definitely wait for them to thaw before opening. You may lose a little head retention but it shouldn't destroy the beer.

Hill Farmstead (any)

Tired Hands (any)

Knee Deep (SIMTRA)

Russian River (any)

Upland (any)

The Alchemist (any, I have had Heady would prefer something else; but fresh Heady is always welcome)

Societe (any)

Alpine (any)

Half Acre (Daisy Cutter)

Carton Brewing (any)

I like IPAs (fresher the better) of all types (IPA, IIPA, IIIPA, xIPA), sours, barrel aged, etc. I like all beer but prefer some over others. That said I am not a big fan of amber, red or wheat beers. (Although there are exceptions)

Add (not in order):

Jester King (any, except Snorkel, El Cedro, Das Wunderkind, Wytchmaker, Provenance, Noble King)

Wicked Weed (any)

Mead (anything you think is good)*

EPIC (Big Bad Baptist)

The Bruery (any)

Lost Abbey (any)

Evil Twin (any Break)

Nighthift (any)

Trinity (sours)

HUB (IPAs)

Lagunitas (Sucks)

Stone (Oaked Bastard)

Dogfish (Midas Touch)

Any ice Cider (that you believe is good)

Also, if you know of something that I should be drinking; send me a PM so I can take a look and see what I think about it.

The rest of the MAW community is on the clock, because I can make this happen if it isn't picked up in a week.

The rest of the MAW community is on the clock, because I can make this happen if it isn't picked up in a week.

I thought I had expanded it enough, but I think everyone is busy wrapping up outdoor stuff before we plunge into winter. I have about 8 more brewery/beer combos to add in a few days if need be.

I thought I had expanded it enough, but I think everyone is busy wrapping up outdoor stuff before we plunge into winter. I have about 8 more brewery/beer combos to add in a few days if need be.

I'm prepping for a beer fest this weekend, personally, but if it isn't picked up by Sunday, I probably have this.

Honestly guys, I'm not too worried about when it gets filled.

That said: SWMBO will be gone for Thanksgiving from NOV 22 to DEC 3, so it landing in that time frame would be ideal. She has given me the Beer Acquisition Stink Eye (TM) a few times in the past month...

Honestly guys, I'm not too worried about when it gets filled.

That said: SWMBO will be gone for Thanksgiving from NOV 22 to DEC 3, so it landing in that time frame would be ideal. She has given me the Beer Acquisition Stink Eye (TM) a few times in the past month...

Then why the hell not. Granted!

We'll start with this and add if necessary later.
Spencer Trappist
Societe (Anything)
Alchemist (Anything except Crusher or Beelzebub)
Blind Pig/Pliny
Cigar City (Wood Aged Jai Alai, Puppy's Breath, Espresso Cubano)
(512) Brewing Cascabel Cream Stout
Willing to consider anything dark and malty that I can’t get in Louisiana
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Bootleggers - Knuckle Sandwich
Bootleggers - Black Phoenix
Carton (Anything)
DuClaw (Anything but prefer dark and malty)
Fat Head's - Head Hunter
Fat Head's - Hop Juju
Fat Head's - Oompa Loompa
FFF (pretty much any)
Good People - Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Great Lakes - Blackout Stout
Heretic - Shallow Grave
Smuttynose - Baltic Porter
Smuttynose - Imperial Stout
Smuttynose - Really Old Brown Dog
Spring House - Lil Gruesome (really anything)
Thirsty Dog (Anything malty like scotch ale, barleywine, or stout-ish)

We'll start with this and add if necessary later.
Spencer Trappist
Societe (Anything)
Alchemist (Anything except Crusher or Beelzebub)
Blind Pig/Pliny
Cigar City (Wood Aged Jai Alai, Puppy's Breath, Espresso Cubano)
(512) Brewing Cascabel Cream Stout
Willing to consider anything dark and malty that I can’t get in Louisiana
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Bootleggers - Knuckle Sandwich
Bootleggers - Black Phoenix
Carton (Anything)
DuClaw (Anything but prefer dark and malty)
Fat Head's - Head Hunter
Fat Head's - Hop Juju
Fat Head's - Oompa Loompa
FFF (pretty much any)
Good People - Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Great Lakes - Blackout Stout
Heretic - Shallow Grave
Smuttynose - Baltic Porter
Smuttynose - Imperial Stout
Smuttynose - Really Old Brown Dog
Spring House - Lil Gruesome (really anything)
Thirsty Dog (Anything malty like scotch ale, barleywine, or stout-ish)

I can do this, provided that is okay to ship sometime next week?

abeasst should be getting an eMAW package today!

One of the beers is an annual collectible that is derogatory towards a certain state north of Texas, so I'm not sure if the humor will be lost on it or not.

Sorry, sorry. Work gets in the way sometimes... :)

I'm new to this, so let me know if I've violated a rule somewhere. Here's my list.

Hill Farmstead – this is what I really want. Saisons/(D)IPA preferred, but ill take anything
Alchemist (any)
Russian River (any)
Side Project (any)
Lawsons (any)
Surly (any)
Maine (any)
Perennial (any)
New Glarus (any sour)
Tired Hands (any)
Westbrook (sour)
Funkwerks (any)
Cigar City – Wood aged Jai Alai
Toppling Goliath (any)
Prairie (Bomb, Bible Belt)
Vietnamese Coffee Speedway (my timing is perfect, no? ;) )

Sort of in order, but not necessarily. My Favorites are saisons and hop bombs, but I also like sours, stouts, Belgians. Willing to consider anything I’ve forgotten that I can’t get in OH. Will add more if necessary. Thanks!

Liquidflame sent me this with an emaw. thought i post a review for him.
240 cream ale liqflame.jpg
Here it goes.
Poured a nice straw color with minimal head that lingered slightly... very delicate lacing that lasted through the glass. Low in bitterness with a sweet creaminess that caresses the palate. The low carbonation level really adds to the mouth feel of this beer and the balance is probably the best of all the cream ales I have tried.
Overall: I like this beer, the best compliment i can give liquidflame is... Pm me the recipe please. I would like to brew this as a house staple.:rockin:

View attachment 235902
Here it goes.
Poured a nice straw color with minimal head that lingered slightly... very delicate lacing that lasted through the glass. Low in bitterness with a sweet creaminess that caresses the palate. The low carbonation level really adds to the mouth feel of this beer and the balance is probably the best of all the cream ales I have tried.
Overall: I like this beer, the best compliment i can give liquidflame is... Pm me the recipe please. I would like to brew this as a house staple.:rockin:

Yeah I'd like a bomber of that please...

View attachment 235902
Here it goes.

Thanks I appreciate it. It actually took silver in a comp. The recipe is actually the cream ale in Brewing Classic Styles. If you don't have the book, let me know and I'll PM you the recipe. Also you can check-in my beer on Untappd if your on it.

Sorry, sorry. Work gets in the way sometimes... :)

I'm new to this, so let me know if I've violated a rule somewhere. Here's my list.

Hill Farmstead – this is what I really want. Saisons/(D)IPA preferred, but ill take anything
Alchemist (any)
Russian River (any)
Side Project (any)
Lawsons (any)
Surly (any)
Maine (any)
Perennial (any)
New Glarus (any sour)
Tired Hands (any)
Westbrook (sour)
Funkwerks (any)
Cigar City – Wood aged Jai Alai
Toppling Goliath (any)
Prairie (Bomb, Bible Belt)
Vietnamese Coffee Speedway (my timing is perfect, no? ;) )

Sort of in order, but not necessarily. My Favorites are saisons and hop bombs, but I also like sours, stouts, Belgians. Willing to consider anything I’ve forgotten that I can’t get in OH. Will add more if necessary. Thanks!

Granted! :D

Hill Farmstead (any)

Tired Hands (any)

Knee Deep (SIMTRA)

Russian River (any)

Upland (any)

Societe (any)

Alpine (any)

Carton Brewing (any)

Wicked Weed (any)

EPIC (Big Bad Baptist)

The Bruery (any)

Lost Abbey (any)

Evil Twin (any Break)

Nightshift (any)

Trinity (sours)

Stone (Oaked Bastard)

Any ice cider (that you believe is good)

Mead (anything you think is good)

I like IPAs (fresher the better) of all types (IPA, IIPA, IIIPA, xIPA), sours, barrel aged, etc. I like all beer but prefer some over others.
That said I am not a big fan of amber, red or wheat beers. (Although there are exceptions)

Back