Coopers diy English bitter newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordanwill91

Reaction score
Hey brewers,

I'm new to brewing and it's seems to be going well on day 3. I received the coopers diy englinh bitter kit for xmas and it's brilliant. I have a question about the foam that appears after about 12 hours. I noticed the day after I started the brew loads of foam appeared in my fermentation bucket and on day 3 it's started to subside. Is this normal or have I done something wrong? The OG was at 1045 and I checked it today at a reading of 1025.

Is all going to plan? I mean it smells great only on day 3.

Jord.

Cheers buddy thanks for the heads up. Do you think I should follow the coopers instructions and bottle it up as soon as I'm getting same gravity reading or should I let it ferment for just a while longer?

Do you have a hydrometer to verify the gravity? If not, I would give it a minimum of 14days, myself, I give every brew 3weeks.

Once 3 days pass without a change in the gravity, you can bottle. However, I like to allow it more time than that. I like to give a beer at least a week undisturbed after fermentation stops before I bottle. I do it to allow the yeast time to clean up after themselves. The result is a cleaner tasting beer.

Back