Conversation at my mother's house...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so how much did it finally cost ya to payup?

Man, I take a day off, come back, and find I got a raise?

If only work worked like this.

Premium membership, and all it cost was what little dignity I deluded myself into thinking I had. Thanks guys!

I also have a $5 balance. Seems only fair I use that to buy a 12-pack of Coors and send each of you guys a can or two.

I forgot to mention. I went home Friday after being called "Brownie Bites" all day, and found that my wife had made a batch of brownies.

Coincidence, or was she telling me something?

Coincidence then. If she had read this thread, she'd be wearing an apron so she didn't get herself all messy as she shoved those brownies up your whazoo.

I forgot to mention. I went home Friday after being called "Brownie Bites" all day, and found that my wife had made a batch of brownies.

Coincidence, or was she telling me something?

Coincidence? I think not. shecky called ahead for you. :D

Coincidence then. If she had read this thread, she'd be wearing an apron so she didn't get herself all messy as she shoved those brownies up your whazoo.

There is an awful lot of truth there. Obviously, you have read most of the thread.

Looking at those pictures, I came up with a plethora of comments, but I'm going to surprise everyone and exercise some self control.

jawdrop.gif

Welcome to the Club Brownie. I dig the avatar! As for SWMBO pics in the boneyard, you'd be a better man than most if you were able to come through. Mine teaches Junior High so that will never happen.

As for SWMBO pics in the boneyard, you'd be a better man than most if you were able to come through. Mine teaches Junior High so that will never happen.

You appeal to my personal sense of honor to post private pictures of the woman who decides when and whether or not I get laid in the membership area?

You appeal to my personal sense of honor to post private pictures of the woman who decides when and whether or not I get laid?

Ah... I just popped on over to the boneyard. And now I know why they call it that.

My apologies, boys, but I'm weighing the mass approval of many men I've never met over the likelihood of having my testicles forcibly removed, and, difficult decision though it may be, I'm gonna have to favor my literal manhood here.

Ah... I just popped on over to the boneyard. And now I know why they call it that.

My apologies, boys, but I'm weighing the mass approval of many men I've never met over the likelihood of having my testicles forcibly removed, and, difficult decision though it may be, I'm gonna have to favor my literal manhood here.

duuuuude!!! thats only if you get caught. You seem like a smart enogh guy :p, you should be able to pull it off!

DANG! I step out for a cup of coffee...... or twelve, and miss all the fun!
Brownie, never, ever, ever, EVER give out your login and she wouldn't be able to access the boneyard.... Even with a direct link.
Then create another login, like "BrownieBite". Then if you are coerced to reveal your password, the "new" one is the one you would provide. That provides you with an acceptable level of "plausible deniability" that could save your testicles..... C'mon man, think of the guys.....
(Not that I have really thought through this or anything)

DANG! I step out for a cup of coffee...... or twelve, and miss all the fun!
Brownie, never, ever, ever, EVER give out your login and she wouldn't be able to access the boneyard.... Even with a direct link.
Then create another login, like "BrownieBite". Then if you are coerced to reveal your password, the "new" one is the one you would provide. That provides you with an acceptable level of "plausible deniability" that could save your testicles..... C'mon man, think of the guys.....
(Not that I have really thought through this or anything)
So, what's your other alias 'round here?;)

Unfortunately, she knows my login already since I use it for pretty much everything.

Second, I do have pictures, but since she loves her Lifetime movies, she's more or less convinced that if naughty pictures of her exist at all, anywhere, they will be posted to the internets by evil men and be used to ruin her life. So, they're safely stashed inside an encrypted, chmod 600'd folder owned by root on my laptop. Which means if somehow they *were* to get out, I would have no plausible deniability whatsoever.

Unfortunately, she knows my login already since I use it for pretty much everything.

Second, I do have pictures, but since she loves her Lifetime movies, she's more or less convinced that if naughty pictures of her exist at all, anywhere, they will be posted to the internets by evil men and be used to ruin her life. So, they're safely stashed inside an encrypted, chmod 600'd folder owned by root on my laptop. Which means if somehow they *were* to get out, I would have no plausible deniability whatsoever.

Well, if you can chmod a folder, I would have to assume you are using Linux. I would hazard a guess that TrueCrypt may be in use... If not, it should be.
Chmod'ing a file or folder is useless if the drive is slaved on another PC.
You can PM me the pics..... just so they aren't "spread out all over the internet"..... just sayin'.

Chmod'ing a file or folder is useless if the drive is slaved on another PC.

It prevents against accidental, casual access to the files without sudo or root access.

Doesn't change the fact that I put those measures in for her comfort, which doesn't help the plausible deniability any.

I'd take the mom. And the one in Blue.. And DEF the one in White! Not necessarily all at the same time, but if it could arranged...

Ok, I'm at lunch and didnt' have time to read the whole thread, but I'm assuming you got your proper smackdown or complaining about your mom? Good.

Now, please be so kind as to connect your laptop directly to the internet and give me your IP address. Let the plausible deniability take care of your troubles.

Now, please be so kind as to connect your laptop directly to the internet and give me your IP address. Let the plausible deniability take care of your troubles.

192.168.0.102 :D

I have ways of getting into it from my work box without knowledge of my public IP. If your cracking skills are up to snuff, that knowledge and a little sleuthing should be all you need.

I have ways of getting into it from my work box without knowledge of my public IP. If your cracking skills are up to snuff, that knowledge and a little sleuthing should be all you need.

Sounds like a challenge.... for someone else. I can crack a WEP with my eyes closed. But I stopped learning that underhanded stuff when I started brewing. Homebrewing has made me a better person! :D

Ok, I'm at lunch and didnt' have time to read the whole thread, but I'm assuming you got your proper smackdown or complaining about your mom? Good.

Yes. Smackdown is, in fact, still in effect. It will probably never end.

Uh, No. There are probably several hundred thousand 192.168.0.102 s floating around in people's private networks. I really don't know how one could find the public address with only the private address.

Now, if you can tell me the host name of the machine, or even which ISP you use...

Reminds me to call my Linux hacking guru friend and see if he wants to do something fun and illegal.

Back