Cold!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benco

Reaction score
Whell it's been around 75 here is Texas! But now we're looking at ice for the next few days! They have already closed some schools in north Texas for Friday! Does it look bad where your at?

Yup even the Houston area, or at least Conroe where I'm at, is gonna see a big drop thanks to the massive cold front.

OTOH, great time to brew!

18 degrees here tonight in Northern California. I had to keg one I had sitting out so I didn't make IcePA.

Currently -4*F here in Missoula, -20*F over in Butte. I had to start the truck & warm it up a couple hrs ago to keep the engine from freezing. Not a lot of snow here in the valley. I'm nice & warm here at work, enjoying a nice hot cup of tea.
Supposed to be even colder this weekend.
Regards, GF.

80's here this week. Being from Colorado I wouldn't mind it a little cooler but I'll pass on the ice. I lived in Houston for awhile and saw firsthand what ice does to folks if they're not used to it.

Looking to get single digits after this weekend sometime. During the day. Not terribly unusual for winter in Mich. Little unusual for early December.

Here in west Texas it's snowing, sleeting, raining, 23 deg, the wind is blowing 20mph. We have 1/2 inch of ice on everything. We had a storm roll through like this 2 weeks ago. People here complain about it being cold when it's 50 deg, right now they think they are in Alaska. They also think is a beautiful day for a country side drive and end up sliding off the road.

I don't think it's gotten much above 10 degrees here all week, in mountain town colorado. I don't think I could live in a place where the temperature gets above the mid 80's, though. Seriously, if I go down to Denver in the summer and it's 90 degrees I feel like I'm gonna pass out. How do you guys do it?

I don't think it's gotten much above 10 degrees here all week, in mountain town colorado. I don't think I could live in a place where the temperature gets above the mid 80's, though. Seriously, if I go down to Denver in the summer and it's 90 degrees I feel like I'm gonna pass out. How do you guys do it?

Lots of very cold beer.

Hottest it got this summer was 112 deg, and I was out in it framing my house.

Icicles have formed. It's sleeting, a lot. Some of it is sticking to the pavement. Glad I don't have to drive anywhere.

here's an oddity, it was bloody raining this morning :-/ made the roads an ice rink for my hour commute home and to work tonight..

was probably around the 30s here today (not the usual).. gonna be avalanche mayhem in the mountains this year, this is the second time in a couple of weeks we've had this happen.

typical Wisconsin cold here! Most people don't know what cold is until they live in Wisconsin or Minnesota! Get me out of here! Help me find a better climate, Please!!!!!

Its about -8c here in kelowna BC Canada which I googled is 17.6f and its fkn cold! About as cold as it ever gets here. Its supposed to be colder tomorrow. I DONT LIKE IT! I can't believe how cold its been down in some parts of the USA

I was in TX Dec 95 and there was a fantastic ice storm shut down everything. It took our taxi 3.5 hours to go from Lackland AFB to the airport. Later that day I was in Panama City Panama. It was HOT and so were the ladies.

Harrisburg, OR has about 6" of snow... It's the most I've ever seen out here. Currently 13° according to weather.com

It's finals week's for me, so I'll be studying all day. Gonna take a break to play with the kids in the snow of course... Damn, I wish my winter ale was done fermenting... it would be perfect for today! Will have to wait for Xmas I guess.

Ninkasi Slayer will be the substitute for me today :mug:

It's cold here. It's supposed to get to 4 above today, but I don't think it will happen. The sun is shining, as it's too dry and cold to snow.

I was sitting here, dreaming about being warm in Texas (we don't leave for Texas for more than a month) until I read this. Our neighborhood in TX is about 35 degrees right now, from what I read, and that's cold too!

Good thing I'm dressing warm and staying inside today!

Ice in TX? Ouch. I don't mind a few cold days, but if we get ice where I'm at I'm going further south. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

We got ice in the bird bath once in Florida...moved to Belize...then Guatemala...spent most of this year in Panama. I have no intention of ever again living anywhere more than 25d N/S of the equator.

We got ice in the bird bath once in Florida...moved to Belize...then Guatemala...spent most of this year in Panama. I have no intention of ever again living anywhere more than 25d N/S of the equator.

That must be nice

Back