Co2 Volume reached?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grantnw

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've done force carbonating for quite awhile small and large batches, but never really focused on the co2. I used the set it and forget it method, I would set the co2 to 16psi @38deg and just let the kegs do their things for 2 weeks.

Well now I am stepping up in the world and I got a small brite tank (38 gallons) and I want to start paying some attention.

Question: if I want 3 volumes of co2 carb level. My calculation shows 38deg-16.5psi. How do I know when it's reached that level? I've seen measuring tools that are $1200-2500 and a bit out of range right now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As far as I know it's the same if your doing 5 gallons or 38 gallons, your just using more co2.

If you have a pressure gauge on the tank, you can turn off the CO2 supply and see where the headspace pressure goes. If it doesn't rise or fall in a couple hours, it's stable and therefore whatever volume you see on the charts. If you lose pressure, it's a sign it's still dissolving.

If you have a pressure gauge on the tank, you can turn off the CO2 supply and see where the headspace pressure goes. If it doesn't rise or fall in a couple hours, it's stable and therefore whatever volume you see on the charts. If you lose pressure, it's a sign it's still dissolving.

It was kinda on the line I was thinking. Thank you I appreciate your advice.

Back