Church and beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know back in the day, when you went to church you got a beer. The monks make it. My last church looked down on drinking, but they were hypocrites. My new church likes when people enjoy their lives.

funny. I was just thinking about this the other day. Dunno if I would do it during a "worship" service, but informal gatherings in the evenings? yup.

I at least think its an interesting way to promote godly fellowship centered around some sort of biblical message especially for those who are anti-church but still are believers.

If you go to Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids, MI you can get the best of both worlds. They built their brewery inside an old church. The beer and atmosphere are great.

It is said that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Therefore, I am doing the Lord's work!

I've always found that a few beers before church makes all that much better.

It's a trap

Yeah -- God wants you all to Himself. That's a trap I'll fall into anytime, every time! Willingly!

I love that the church in America is calming down about alcohol and am finding more disciples of Jesus less wound up about it. Refreshing in more ways than one! :D

adiochiro3 said:
Yeah -- God wants you all to Himself. That's a trap I'll fall into anytime, every time! Willingly!

I love that the church in America is calming down about alcohol and am finding more disciples of Jesus less wound up about it. Refreshing in more ways than one! :D

Well said!

I go to church. Not ashamed to admit it. I know about the people who have dealt with the hypocrites.

They are not all like that, although its part of being in a church to have people who might have something to say that doesnt please your ears.

My point is I routinely take homebrew to my friends and pastor right inside the church. I am thanked and not looked down upon and then given good feed back. I have also given some people some growlers from my kegs on occasion.

Funny, Dad drank a LOT of beer... the cheap stuff. But he enjoyed a case of Guiness evry now n then. I was raised in a methodist church for years, till my dad remarried and then we went to Catholic mass on sat nights and the Methodist church sunday mornings! No wonder I'm all F'd up? Anyhow, I like some beer and now my fruit wines... I'm the believer that strongly dislikes churches. They all seem to have a focus on ONE single part of the Word, not its entirety. For a while I was into the "WAY" ministry, say what you will, their teaching was direct and of the Word, but there was some hypocrisy among the leadership. Now I just give and take it as it comes.

Regarding "hypocrites"...

Even believers have short-comings. To expect anything else is to deny our human condition.

A lot of churches are trying to become more accessible through different methods.

You could do a lot worse than a pub environment.

^^^ yeah, there was only ONE perfect human being and he died on a cross and three days later arose and ascended into heaven. And this man turned water into wine... too bad WE have to add other junk to water and wait so long!

Regarding "hypocrites"...

Even believers have short-comings. To expect anything else is to deny our human condition.

A lot of churches are trying to become more accessible through different methods.

You could do a lot worse than a pub environment.

A good church is like a hospital. People don't go there because they are perfect. They go because they need healing.

Church is like people, each one is different. I scuba dive with my friend who is a pastor, he drinks beer and he's open about it.

Back