Chugger pump hacked user data

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. They lied to their customers?

The SWHTF in 3...2...1...

<---grabs popcorn

Or misinterpreted what was actually done...

"As a precaution, Chuggerpumps.com has deleted all its customers usernames and passwords. If you use your Chuggerpumps.com password elsewhere, make sure to change it there as well."

Deleted from where??

yes. I believe they think they deleted all the accounts but in reality not so much. They clearly know mechanical things and not how to run a website. It's good they are removing sales from their website. Hopefully they see this and actually delete the account data and remove these pages from the website.

yes. I believe they think they deleted all the accounts but in reality not so much. They clearly know mechanical things and not how to run a website. It's good they are removing sales from their website. Hopefully they see this and actually delete the account data and remove these pages from the website.

TBH, I don't think it's necessarily Chugger that's completely at fault for the breach but possibly the company that built and maintains their website and who they trusted were on top of things. I won't name who because of possible issues with lawyers and defamation of character.

Was it cheaper to buy directly from Chugger instead of one of their distributors?

I closed this thread since the main point that customers of Chugger Pumps need to change passwords and watch for unauthorized charges has been made. If you have further questions, please contact Chugger Pumps directly. Please do not open another thread on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back