Cherry Wheat from a kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robleese

Reaction score
Hi, I'm after making a Cherry Wheat Beer using Coopers Wheat kit, I'm sure this question has been asked before but has anyone got a recipe for this! Please be generous with your instructions as I'm a real novice and have only done kits and just fancy making the standard a little bit different! Thanks for your time in advance!

While I can't help with the specific recipe you're looking for (short of advising that if you search you may find it) I would suggest finding a good wheat recipe to start with. Once you have a wheat that you like you can rack on any fruit you like in your secondary. Check the wheat recipes and take an ingredients list to your homebrew store. They can probably set you up with some fruit extract and answer any questions.

I hope that helps.

Hi are you saying if I brew the coopers wheat and rack into another FV onto say cherry puree for a further fermentation this may work? I only ask as I can't find a recipe for me to follow, I'm wanting it in simpleton terms!

Cheers!

That's exactly what I'm saying. Brew a wheat and when your primary fermentation is done (probably a week) rack it to a secondary fermenter with the fruit in it. A purée is probably best, but people use fruit in all different stages - from fresh to just flavor extract.

If you have a homebrew store nearby they probably have a fruit additive you can use.

Thanks guys will try this as my next brew in a week or so and will get back to you via this thread.

Rob

Back