Catalyst Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarret111

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Catalyst tank fermenter from
craft-a-brew. Thinking of buying it for larger batches.

Yes, I have two of them and love them. If you get one, spend the extra $25-$30 for the sample port. You can bottle/keg right from there and it sits above the trub. Several of my friends have other types of fermenters (glass carboys, stainless steel conical, etc.) and are jealous of the Catalysts I have. As you can see in the picture, I built carts for mine so that I can wheel them from the garage to the closet under the stairwell in our basement. I probably have a 10% off coupon code in my email if you decide to get one.

Attachments

• 83521FE2-49F8-48D5-8D3E-B343F8DAE75F.jpeg
    83521FE2-49F8-48D5-8D3E-B343F8DAE75F.jpeg
    870 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
My Wife bought one for me not quite two years ago as a fathers day gift/birthday present. The sample port is worth it! I also have the black jacket for it as I'm not always able to store mine in a closet during fermentation. Planning on picking up a second this year as I love it so much!

My Wife bought one for me not quite two years ago as a fathers day gift/birthday present. The sample port is worth it! I also have the black jacket for it as I'm not always able to store mine in a closet during fermentation. Planning on picking up a second this year as I love it so much!
Have you ever washed your Catalyst in the dishwasher?

Never needed to. Super easy to clean on packaging day, I spray the stuck on krausen and sediment out with my spray nozzle on my utility sink and then I fill that sucker up with a hot mild solution of PBW, give it a gentle scrub and then open the sample port to flush. Rinse it well and then clean the butterfly valve separate and air dry. The hardest part is remembering to put it all back together the next day so it can be staged for the next brew day.

Never needed to. Super easy to clean on packaging day, I spray the stuck on krausen and sediment out with my spray nozzle on my utility sink and then I fill that sucker up with a hot mild solution of PBW, give it a gentle scrub and then open the sample port to flush. Rinse it well and then clean the butterfly valve separate and air dry. The hardest part is remembering to put it all back together the next day so it can be staged for the next brew day.
I brewed over 100 gallons in mine last year and always hand washed them.

Back