Cascade citra apollo simcoe columbus ipa help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzski

Reaction score
I have a grain bill but need help building a hop schedule.
11.5 lbs 2 row
1 lb Munich
3/4 lb crystal 60

I have a 7 or 8 ounces of each hop just don't know how to put it all together.

I usually do a FWH, 15, 10, 5, and flameout with a few oz for dry hops. What ibu are you looking to be around? That's really going to dictate your hop schedule.

Probably around a 60 IBU. Is there a certain hop to start with and just mix up the rest or keep the late additions the same and dry hop with a diff hop

I'd go with .5 oz of the Columbus at 60min. Then .5oz of each Cascade and Citra (so total of 1 ounce) at 20/15/10/5/0 with 3oz of Simcoe for 7 days in a dry hop. I have made an IPA with a similar grain bill and the IBU are upper 80s with a full ounce of Columbus FWH. I use Amarillo with the Cascade instead of Citra, but was actually going to change it up next time and give Citra a go.

Really, though, it depends on what you like. I'm a fan of All Day IPA and Hopslam so that is want influenced my schedule. Research the beers you like and experiment a little. That's the fun, right?

Back