carb caps and the newer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalheadfrommars

Reaction score
im back i hiked a good part of the Appalachian Trail. im still cold.but i think ive found a way to use the new pet bottles with carb caps .i just cut off the tamper ring and it seems to work ps i cut my self twice doing this the ridge under the tamper ring both times got a sharp edge on it. i went to tighten carb cap and cut my self. i had to sand the ridge down

As I said in one of your other threads, you should stock up on the old style bottles.
And that was before all that self-slicing stuff ;)

Cheers!

ive got a few i am useing them for drinking water now just incase the corona virus gets worse.. ps are the 20 ounce water bottles pet bottles there so cheap and easy to find

I believe screw top soda and water bottles are made from PET because it's a very strong material so can be very thin thus light, which helps with transport costs...

Cheers!

im back i hiked a good part of the Appalachian Trail. im still cold.but i think ive found a way to use the new pet bottles with carb caps .i just cut off the tamper ring and it seems to work ps i cut my self twice doing this the ridge under the tamper ring both times got a sharp edge on it. i went to tighten carb cap and cut my self. i had to sand the ridge down

I have a paring knife with a hook-shaped blade that I use to cut the tamper rings off. I can get it under the ring from the top, so the ledge isn't in the way. Then just pry up and it cuts the ring.

I have a paring knife with a hook-shaped blade that I use to cut the tamper rings off. I can get it under the ring from the top, so the ledge isn't in the way. Then just pry up and it cuts the ring.
im going to try that .i was shocked the first time the ridge cut me. the second time i was worried about my thought process lol

Back