Canning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabeb25

HE of who can not be spoken of.
Reaction score
People are starting to go down that rabbit hole now. I got a canner and started putting it though its paces. I finally put a blog post together on it!

http://www.********************/uncategorized/packaging-canning-beer-home/

Hope this helps some folks, cheers.

I like the concept of canned beer. I'll be very interested to see the test results come back. Keep us posted. Mug

People are starting to go down that rabbit hole now. I got a canner and started putting it though its paces. I finally put a blog post together on it!

http://www.********************/uncategorized/packaging-canning-beer-home/

Hope this helps some folks, cheers.

I'm a little confused about your setup. Did you give up on the NB bottle filler with plug? Did you even try that rig?

I'm a little confused about your setup. Did you give up on the NB bottle filler with plug? Did you even try that rig?

I explain it in the blog, but the CPCF, its a much more advanced topic.

I saw your videos on youtube before I saw this thread.
I am really interested in that canner. I would love to switch to cans. Its on my short list of things to invest in.

I saw your videos on youtube before I saw this thread.
I am really interested in that canner. I would love to switch to cans. Its on my short list of things to invest in.

Thanks. Let me know if you want to come check it out. We are only about 30 minutes apart.

Cheers!

Thanks for all your time and sharing this. I'm super excited to can my beer.

I ordered this from eBay. These guys were at Homebrew Con. Only $700! It's a hand-crank but you can hook a drill up to it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272795476347

Still looking for a good source for plain cheap cans. Anyone?

Thanks for all your time and sharing this. I'm super excited to can my beer.

I ordered this from eBay. These guys were at Homebrew Con. Only $700! It's a hand-crank but you can hook a drill up to it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272795476347

Still looking for a good source for plain cheap cans. Anyone?

Did they have any sitting out for demo? Based on the 225 designation in their description I am a little nervous about their claim that it is capable of doing 16 ounce cans. As for cans, Okober (maker of the MK16) has them. I was messaging the people who are selling the hand crank machines and they told me they are due to get both 12 and 16 ounce cans in next week. From what he was guessing price would be they were supposed to be cheaper than Oktober. I am not sure if the prices he quoted me will be correct, but I am hoping they are.

Wow! I've really been researching the MK16, hoping to pick one up in the next year. It sounds like you have no regrets in your purchase!

Are there any other places to get the canning machine besides eBay and Oktoberdesigns?

I assume that those that are canning force carb in a keg. What is the feasibility of carbonating in the can? Once the beer is at the desired carb level run them through a heat cycle to kill the yeast.

Are there any other places to get the canning machine besides eBay and Oktoberdesigns?

I assume that those that are canning force carb in a keg. What is the feasibility of carbonating in the can? Once the beer is at the desired carb level run them through a heat cycle to kill the yeast.

I still love mine, so fun, yes I'm using it off a kegerator, Intertap Flow Control Faucets are key, but yes, you can naturally carb in a can. Do it just like you would for bottling. No need to run them through a heat cycle to kill yeast that I know of. It is the exact same as bottling. Just put them in the fridge or basement when they are carbed to stop/slow that process.

LionBrewingSolutions on eBay just lowered the prices of their cans again! only $99 and free shipping now.

Back