BrewSteel: BadAss Brewstands™

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the SWMBO this is a BadAss Dumper

P1010491.jpg

P1010504.jpg

P1010505.jpg

P1010507.jpg

P1010512.jpg

Love the double hinge tippy dump. :rockin:

There were multiple challenges to overcome with the dump unit. It had to swing low enough to miss the HLT wind screen and had to be high enough to dump into a container such as a wheel barrow. It also had to handle the weight and not tip the stand over. The articulated design first swings to a 45 degree angle with the use of a stop. The second hinge set is located high to give the lift needed. A handle slips into a tube near the front at an angle the gives good leverage minimizing user effort. It took several days of head scratching and Google SketchUp to work out the angles, swing etc. All in all, it worked great on our first run and we are going to use it on future builds.

If you see one out there now, you know where you saw it first... :ban:

1st sexiest thing in the universe: a beautiful naked woman
2nd sexiest thing in the universe: nicely welded stainless steel i.e., this

If I wasn't a welder myself, I'd be tempted to buy this! Nice!

1st sexiest thing in the universe: a beautiful naked woman
2nd sexiest thing in the universe: nicely welded stainless steel i.e., this

If I wasn't a welder myself, I'd be tempted to buy this! Nice!

Thank you so much for the very high compliment.
...it's not stainless

Whaa? You mean the thing on the first page isn't polished stainless steel? What is it?

That is a pretty sick tippy dump idea. good effing job!

A friend of mine was telling me that you can buff mild steel and make it look like stainless - you proved that one. He was thinking about putting a clear coat over it (stainless look without the price) to inhibit rust too, but wasn't sure how well it would work...

Thanks!
We are hoping to make that an add-on unit that can be purchased separately.

Clear Coat would not hold up to the heat nor the dragging of kettles across it's surface. Plus, Clear Coat would not prevent rust.

Thanks!
We are hoping to make that an add-on unit that can be purchased separately.

Clear Coat would not hold up to the heat nor the dragging of kettles across it's surface. Plus, Clear Coat would not prevent rust.

Good to know about the clear coat. He has an ebuild for HLT and BK, but a direct fire MT; so that would cause issues.

If you make that an add on unit let me know because I know for his build he is planning to add a tippy dump for the MT. He has a blichman 15G, but I am not sure what the dimensions are. He was also considering bumping that pot up to 20G, but wasn't sure.

wow. looks great! I was looking at a Brewers Equipment stand, but I've been hearing horror stories! Looks like the added cost for a Brew Steel stand is worth it! I'll be in touch with you sometime in the near future about a single tier stand! Hopefully freight to NC won't kill me :D

wow. looks great! I was looking at a Brewers Equipment stand, but I've been hearing horror stories! Looks like the added cost for a Brew Steel stand is worth it! I'll be in touch with you sometime in the near future about a single tier stand! Hopefully freight to NC won't kill me :D

Death by shipping :cross:

how does that pico false bottom work out for you any problems with it, especially with the high volume below it

Just curious about the band for the tippy thing for the MT. Won't it act as a heat-sink? How hot does it and the frame get?

Website is down, so whats the best way to contact to get a quote on a single tier stand. 3 burner propane stand. Wheels, and a spot to attach a water filter, plate chiller/hopback, and probably 2 pumps?

Just something simple, yet flexible.

Back