Brewstand build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work........any idea how much you have invested in it YET?

Dude said:
Okay, here it is in all its glory. I'm thrilled. The current blue is MUCH better.

Dsc03811.jpg

Dude,
Nice stand. I like the paint. Lead paint I assume :cross:

I also like the Silverberry in the background. Mine is pathetic, cover with scale, bugs and chewed to death by the rabbits.

Thanks guys.

rusty, I'd say all together I've got about 250 invested in it. I saved quite a bit by finding those cheap burners and I was able to cannibalize my old turkey fryer for the HLT burner. I am going to build a cheap screen for the bottom burner, and I still need to find metal or some type of material fro shelves. Eventually I want to mount a plate chiller on it and various other gadgets as well.

I'm really excited to get brewing on it.

I know how you feel. I picked up my pump and Shirron plate chiller yesterday. I've got 2 of my three keggles ready to brew with. I just ordered my quick disconnects today and should have them next week. And I'm into my brewery for less than $600 right now.

You did a good job. Can't wait to find out how the first brew on it turns out.

Dude said:
Thanks guys.

rusty, I'd say all together I've got about 250 invested in it. I saved quite a bit by finding those cheap burners and I was able to cannibalize my old turkey fryer for the HLT burner. I am going to build a cheap screen for the bottom burner, and I still need to find metal or some type of material fro shelves. Eventually I want to mount a plate chiller on it and various other gadgets as well.

I'm really excited to get brewing on it.

Hey man, I just noticed something. The part that the HLT sits on.....did you allow enough height on that so you can sparge into 10gal cooler, should you decide to upgrade to one? Or another converted keg, for that matter?

Your stand is blue and I am green, with envy . I have one question though, just what is the over all height of this rig?? Do you need a ladder??

SwAMi75 said:
Hey man, I just noticed something. The part that the HLT sits on.....did you allow enough height on that so you can sparge into 10gal cooler, should you decide to upgrade to one? Or another converted keg, for that matter?

Yeah, It will accomodate a bigger cooler or a keg. If I were to change 1 thing on the design, I could have lowered the boil pot tier another 6 inches or so, and in turn lowered the HLT a little bit, but it works great the way it is. I'm going to rig a hook onto the RV hose I have so it hooks onto the lip of the HLT, and stays in it.

snaproll said:
Your stand is blue and I am green, with envy . I have one question though, just what is the over all height of this rig?? Do you need a ladder??

That base of the HLT tier is 64 inches. I don't need a ladder for it because in about 3 days the HLT is going to have a sightglass installed in it so I never have to get up there to look in it, or move it for any reason.

The only thing I might need is a small step stool of some kind to stir the mashtun. That will only be needed if I go to a keg for a MLT or a lot larger cooler. My next mashtun is probably going to be a rectangular cooler so I won't need it.

Eventually I'm going to have a buddy of mine tack weld some hooks (to hang the mash rake and spoons, and stuff) and some shelves (for the chiller and/or a pump maybe down the road). Once I've brewed with it a few times and learn where the best places are, I'll go ahead with the upgrades.

Niiice! Dare the wheels travel off the smooth garage floor?
I'd like to see a drunk post-brew Dude rolling that thing over the driveway with a mashtun and propane cylinder on it.

Brewpastor said:
Look, what you do or don't do in the privacy of your man room is your own business. Lets just keep this to brewing and save that lovin stuff for pms with cheese. :D

Hey, give me a break! While SWMBO is gone I can do as I please!!! :p

olllllo said:
I see an nice empty spot for a logo.

yessir, I'd get teh Iron Orr brewery logo enlarged and slap it on the back there

err wait, thats probably what ollllo was getting at. nm

Prediction:
(highlight the space below with your cursor for the prediction)

Bird will post about a logo. He can't resist a whore 'em up moment.

We'll see.

olllllo said:
Prediction:

We'll see.

Loop beat him to it. Now that he understands the "system".

+1

olllllo said:
Prediction:

We'll see.

That's killer olllllo!! You didn't write it comma it was there automaticly comma right?

olllllo said:
I see an nice empty spot for a logo.

Chimone said:
yessir, I'd get teh Iron Orr brewery logo enlarged and slap it on the back there

Here you go guys. It is on a magnet, so I can remove it and throw it on the Jeep door for free advertising. :D

636-magnet.jpg

636-magnet2.jpg

(Boy, looking at that pic...I didn't do a very good paint job did I? I'll have to fix that tomorrow.)

That looks great dude. I'm still plumbing mine so I'm not ready for 'pimpin' it yet. What thickness/where did you get the sheet metal? I need to build out the shelves on mine but the chrome diamond board price was outta hand so got to go another route there. Is that a water filter system too? (need to add that as well).

Pretty sweet setup. Love the color. You should get a matching set of Bumpernutz to hang on one end.

Go for the blue ones. :D

truck%20balls.JPG

EdWort said:
Pretty sweet setup. Love the color. You should get a matching set of Bumpernutz to hang on one end.

Go for the blue ones. :D

I am pretty sure I shall regret asking - but what are these used for?

Back