BrewersFriend issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romex2121

Reaction score
Not sure where im going wrong but hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.
When i find a recipe id like to try i punch in all the amounts and volumes recipe was calling for,
for some reason the IBU's on what i put in Brewers Friend are coming out way higher than what the original recipe was calling for , example would be Brulosophers best ale recipe was calling for an IBU of 21.3 even tho i put in the same times and amounts of everything recipe called for my IBU,s came to 46 .
my equipment profile is based on measurements taken from last brew , and its all pretty basic .
im using a 5 gal igloo cooler for mash tun with a stainless braid which i usally turn on side to get all the wort i can , also using a 8 gal kettle and again i usally dump all trub and hops into fermentor ,( my profile in BrewersFriend does account for this) maybe a touch more than a gal. Boil off per hr. , again everything is set up to reflect what im doing .
Im messing up somewhere and not sure where ..... I can change the amounts of hops but being new to this i wouldnt know where or at what times to make adjustments and dont want to take a chance on messing up the flavor profile by changing things i dont yet understand...

Last edited:
Back