Bottle Conditioning Brett Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoWBrewer

Reaction score
I made a rye saison with Belle Saison in primary in Feb 2014. I added Brett Brux in secondary. While in secondary I added fresh wort to top off the fermenter twice, local sour cherries and kumquats. I bottled a few days ago with carbonation tablets in 22-ounce bottles. Both cases of bottles are temp controlled at 75F. Any idea how long I have to keep them heated before they are carbonated? Is it worth increasing the temp into the 80s which is what White Labs says is ideal for WLP 650?

I used Brett C when I bottled and didn't really bother to maintain a specific temperature for carbonating. It's anywhere from 68F - 75F. It took a little longer to carbonate than most beers, maybe 2 months, but it got there.

brett will get the job done, eventually. will take a month or two but you'll get there. increasing temps to the 80's might speed things up a bit and shave a week or two off that time, but you gotta ask yourself if it's worth the effort, energy, etc.

I will hold the temp around 75 for two weeks. I took a peek at one of the bottles (they are covered with blankets to keep constant heat) and there is a significant coating of yeast that was not there a week ago. I take that as a good sign that it is doing it's work. My basement is too cold to just turn off the heat. It is around 50. I think the drop would stun the yeast.

Back