Blueberry Mead - Vintner's Harvest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiewinemaker

Reaction score
Has anyone made any mead using the Vintner's Harvest fruit puree? I was thinking about making a 5 gallon batch and I am not sure how many 96oz cans to use. I have heard some people say they followed the recipe on the can and used one can for 5 gallons and it was light. I was thinking about using one 96oz can of blueberry and one 3lb can of raspberry. I was thinking about starting out just by making a show mead and then adding the fruit puree in the secondary. Is this how I should do it? Also how much honey to water ratio for 5 gallons should I use?

Thanks in advanced. :mug:

Hi. I haven't used the vintner's puree for mead, but i am currently making a raspberry wine with it. So far the fermentation is going quite well. Only thing i can tell you for certain is that there is a lot of solids in those cans. ( id say about a third of the can is fine granules and seeds.) You might want to filter the "pulp" our either before you start your primary or when you rack it into secondary. I'm going to be attaching a brewers bag to the bottom of my auto-siphon when i rack it.

Another thing to consider. I bought a bottle of blueberry juice concentrate at my local IKEA store of all places. Its supposed to be enough to make 2500ml of blueberry juice and it only cost me $5.

Back