Big Sky Brewing "Trout Slayer"clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooothru

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of clones, I'm traveling the U.S.western states on an annual beer safari. At dinner a week or ago I ordered a Big Sky IPA, but the waitress said they'd just switched taps to a summer seasonal that her husband really liked, so I tried it and really liked it: "Trout Slayer" was the name. Quite appropiate for Montana, I thought.

Anyways, I'd like to give it try. As near as I can tell, it's a filtered American wheat. Quite refreshing. Any suggestions ?

Brooo Brother

Big Sky’s website says it is a wheat ale dry hopped with Galaxy hops. ABV 5.0%, 5 SRM and 35 IBU

I'd seen that on their website, but wasn't clear about the bittering hops, proportion of wheat to 2 row, crystal malts, etc. My impression of the beer was mild hop flavor and bitterness, clean and dry, little residual sweetness, generally light, and very refreshing. Very nice summer beer.

Brooo Brother

Back