Biab with blichman boil coil 120v?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewslikeaking

Reaction score
Has anybody built a biab rims system with a blichman boilcoil 120v heating element. I'm building a 15gallon 120v rims system and am wondering if a boilcoil will take up too much space underneath the false bottom. Keeping in mind that I want to use this primarily for 5gallon brews. But will occasionally do a 10g or barleywine with it.

Why not just build a heat exchanger and add a pump to circulate the worth? if you want it might fancy, add a pid regulator to adjust temperatures out of the heat exch.

I am actually looking at this same project. I have been brewing for about 8 years and the idea of simplifying is really starting to make sense to me. Currently I have 3 vessels and a rims tube for the mash with a controller i salvaged out of a countertop build.

I am thinking you could do the 15gal blichmann kettle with the 220v (they don't make a 15 gal 120v I don't think?) and maybe buy a steaming basket for biab to drop in on top of the coil etc with no false bottom.

If you go look at the boilfrog system there is a vertical copper mash tun return that looked like a good idea.

At some point ebiab just starts to make sense...

Ebiab is the way forward for homebrewin my man. I sit on the couch for most of my brew. I ended up going with a cheaper 120v heating element that i used with a brau-supply 120v controller. Brau supply make a nice solution that you can buy ore built. I basically took their concept and built my own sourcing parts around the internet.
20171217_101523.jpg

Latest posts

Back