Beersmith just released the new version

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I add my water adjustment salts in as a misc item labeled as 'water agent'. They show up as additives at the very top of the brew day sheet and are listed as a part of the recipe for future reference.

I add my water adjustment salts in as a misc item labeled as 'water agent'. They show up as additives at the very top of the brew day sheet and are listed as a part of the recipe for future reference.

I will check that out too. Should probably build my recipe soon and get a trip to the LHBS on the calendar.

Have to check it out. Did they fix the non-physical representation of the boiling process? And the inexplicable, potentially dangerous thing where it calculates priming sugar based on your expected batch size rather than actual?

Also on the add window, you can add without closing so adding 5 additions of the same hop is very easy (and if you had to modify the Alphas on the fly, you don't have to keep changing it).

I worked on 3 recipes last night and kept forgetting about this new feature until I had added a hop, the window closed, opened again, the window closed, added another hop and then remembered the add without closing button!!! DUH! :smack: Even after having done the same thing with the malts. :smack::smack:

I try to put in brew day & bottling notes as much as possible in the lower notes field. The upper one's for tasting notes, but still need to get in the habit of using the tasting notes field.

I try to put in brew day & bottling notes as much as possible in the lower notes field. The upper one's for tasting notes, but still need to get in the habit of using the tasting notes field.

That's what I do too. I then add a - and a number after the recipe name and then "Save As". That lets me keep each version I have brewed as a separate file without worrying about overwriting the original. Although with the new version of Beersmith you can Lock a recipe to keep from accidentally editing it so that may not be necessary in the future.

i just received another update (i think bug fix o some correction but i don't know) but beersmith say "could not establish a connection to the server"

i just have to wait or i have to download it in another way?

Anyone know what the most recent update did? I had already updated to 2.3 a couple weeks ago and a new one just popped up in the app (desktop version). My current version is now 2.3.7.

I'm also at 2.3.7.
No release notes to be found anywhere.
It is what it is...

Cheers!

http://beersmith.com/beersmith-2-3-software-change-log/

Fixes in the 2.3.7 patch
– “Update Prices” in design tab now will update the water prices as well (previously did not)
– Corrected main recipe report templates to provide better printouts and use slightly smaller fonts
– Dragging left side to resize window rapidly in Win 10 could cause a crash – corrected
– Fixed issue with font scaling on Win 10 causing blurry fonts – marked app as DPIAware to correct
– Corrected issue with notes field not scrolling properly using mouse wheel
– Corrected bug where zero boil time hops were not carried over to whirlpool
– Narrowed design screen display slightly by adjusting labels to accomodate those with narrow screens

If you hit the + button next to the big beer glass, you can put whatever picture you prefer.... I assume you are looking for something less tempting.. but where's the fun in that!?

Back