Bayou Classic pot vs. Winware pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a converted 9 gallon Bayou pot with a no weld valve and thermowell, I've had no issue with it, and it's way better than my old pot (20 qt cheapo) I've only used it twice, but I love it.

I recently moved from a 50qt heavy aluminum pot to the stainless 62qt Bayou. Have brewed four batches with it so far and have no complaints. It doesn’t have the clad bottom of the Winware, but I haven’t had any scorching problems, so I don’t see that the clad heat distribution is an advantage for brewing. Somewhere I read that there was a problem with the Bayou leaking around the handle rivets. Mine is fine, so they may have corrected it or it may be a random occurrence. It’s not as robust as the Winware, but overall plenty sturdy enough. What sold me on the Bayou is its height to diameter ratio. I didn’t want the extra boil-off and heat required from a short pot like the Winware.

Back