Australian Sparkling Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also been trying my hand at brewing a ASA recently. I just did the Peter Symons recipe from the video posted. It's fermenting now.

I used Coopers yeast cultured from the dregs in the bottom of the bottles.
Best of luck hope it turns out the way you want it. I’m jealous of your yeast though😊

Honestly though I was going for the I guess earlier 1927 style from the chart in the video and I bet the Verdant come close. I know it certainly can attenuate, it went a little further than I anticipated. May pull a pint of the keg this wknd, everyone says drink it young.

I'm on track to brew the meanbrews recipe next week. Will also be using the cultured yeast. That really is the secret.

Can you not get any Coopers where you live?

I'm on track to brew the meanbrews recipe next week. Will also be using the cultured yeast. That really is the secret.

Can you not get any Coopers where you live?
Unfortunately not anymore. There was a place I use to go that was the only place that carried Coopers Sparkling & Pale that I knew of sadly they are no longer in business.

I tasted a glass of mine after a week of forced carb and it’s seemed like it was going to be close to what I remember even though I’m using the Verdant. I’m giving it another week to mellow out in the keg though it was ever so slightly green still.

Unfortunately not anymore. There was a place I use to go that was the only place that carried Coopers Sparkling & Pale that I knew of sadly they are no longer in business.

I tasted a glass of mine after a week of forced carb and it’s seemed like it was going to be close to what I remember even though I’m using the Verdant. I’m giving it another week to mellow out in the keg though it was ever so slightly green still.
I'm drinking a clone recipe of Coopers Pale. Tasty stuff.

How is yours?

Mine was good enough it’s gone😊. Had a little help from others but it was nice and will probably do it again. With the Verdant yeast it was at its best around week 4 in my opinion.

Attachments

• 406DA8B9-4C87-427D-B480-B859E92FC428.jpeg
    406DA8B9-4C87-427D-B480-B859E92FC428.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back