Attention hipsters: this is the correct way to drink PBR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neovox

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
aeMkS.jpg

But this is the Hipster way.

20110402-081342.jpg

Leather bracelet - check.
PBR goblet - check.
Over-filtered iPhone photo - check.

yeah. i was under the impression that the correct way to drink pbr involved poking a hole in the bottom and opening the lid, then chugging as fast as i can.

In best dos equis guy voice "I don't always drink cheap beers, but when I do I prefer Pabst Blue Ribbon"

Here is another hot tip for all you hipsters out there...shave that firkin "ironic" mustache off. It's not ironic at all, it's lame and by lame I mean totally gay.

yeah. i was under the impression that the correct way to drink pbr involved poking a hole in the bottom and opening the lid, then chugging as fast as i can.

Ahh, shotgunning PBR brings back some good memories. Gotta love being a college student, surrounded by hot girls, and getting a thirty pack for 14 bucks.

FWIW, I don't think its acceptable to use gay as a term of derision.

+1

My moustache is definitely not happy and joyful. It's a manly moustache that has no interest in other manly moustaches, except as friends. Anything else you've heard is complete fabrication and rumor. :D

Yeah but a lot of moustaches make people look like child molesters especially hipster moustaches. Unless its a moustache with a beard then its cool. Also pbr is awesome

Yeah but a lot of moustaches make people look like child molesters especially hipster moustaches. Unless its a moustache with a beard then its cool. Also pbr is awesome

Well, I do have the full beard as well.

My van with the blacked out windows anf "Free Candy" sign is another matter all together. :D

Live and let live. Hipsters are funny to me. I save my hate for bin-Ladens and al-Assads.

Now, regarding the issue of facial hair, I have neither stache nor beard, but my nosehairs could use a good trimming. In fact, my earhairs could too. One way to know you've reached your 40's is the earhair growth phenomenon. I didn't see that coming.

Live and let live. Hipsters are funny to me. I save my hate for bin-Ladesn and al-Assads.

Now, regarding the issue of facial hair, I have neither stache or beard, but my nosehairs could use a good trimming. In fact, my earhairs could too. One way to know you've reached your 40's is the earhair growth phenomenon. I didn't see that coming.

Or hear it coming, apparently. :D

They dont take kindly to folks like hims round heres. No's no's.Yes em ,uh huh. You gonna eat thems french fried pataters.

To answer the OP, it cannot be the correct way to drink a pbr. It does not involve a fixed gear bike, rolled jeans, ironic mustaches, washed out photography, slam poetry or some band that's "kind of obscure, you probably haven't heard of them."

Not that I like to generalize. :)

Am I the only one who drank craft beer in college? For ****'s sake man. I'll never understand people who think it's some pride inducing right of passage to drink camel urine cause you were cheap for a few years in your teens and 20s. I always had AT LEAST Founders, Three Floyds, and Bell's in my fridge with usually some Goose Island or Upland for the ladies. PBR belongs in the waste basket along with every other adjunct lager this country produces.

TheBeerist said:
Am I the only one who drank craft beer in college? For ****'s sake man. I'll never understand people who think it's some pride inducing right of passage to drink camel urine cause you were cheap for a few years in your teens and 20s. I always had AT LEAST Founders, Three Floyds, and Bell's in my fridge with usually some Goose Island or Upland for the ladies. PBR belongs in the waste basket along with every other adjunct lager this country produces.

Meh, it has its place. I'm a discriminating beer drinker 99% of the time, but once in a while I'll get a PBR or Old Mil at the bar.

Rhyme? Reason? Nah. Just felt like it.

You either had more money or more debt than I did in college then.

I drank craft beer in college too, but if I had a buck back for every Miller Lite or High Life I chugged I would have a pretty little stash. lol

:rolleyes: people like you make me dislike beer drinkers.. srsly high horse man!

if i had a dollar for every PBR and high life i drank... i'd be a billionaire :ban:

i remember the scene in that movie where he took PBR and a shot of whiskey... me and my friend that were chillin watchin it just laughed, 'cuz we do that same exact thing... hell, while i enjoy craft beers just as much as you guys do, i still get down and trashy and enjoy every moment of it!

I wasn't cheap, I was poor. Mommy and Daddy didn't keep me in beer.

And if you think PBR is awful, you've never had Schaefer. Didn't have to worry about friends stealing it out of my fridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyV68xKEj28#t=1m0s

Back