Anyone have experience with the 'King Keg' system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mlevy01

Reaction score
The King Keg system seems to be the most readily available in Europe, and Im wondering if anyone has any thoughts/comments/pearls-o-wisdom about the system. http://www.art-of-brewing.co.uk/acatalog/AoB_OnLine_Catalogue_Barrels_and_Accessories________17.html

I would really love to find a way to get a Corny set-up here (Sweden) but they are beyond expensive; i.e, a used corny keg by itself runs about $150.

One thought was to import a refrigerator conversion kit from the US, such as the KegCowboy set-up or something along the same lines, but I havent been able to find any info as to shipping costs, Im assuming they would be astronomical.

groovy idea, with two small issues:
- it would be impossible to get that in Sweden because all sales of alcohol is done by a government monopoly, and they just dont sell that; and
- I would have to drink all that Coor's! EEEK!

As far as I can tell, the two systems are essentially the same, both using CO2 cartridges to carbonate. I wonder how many cartridges it would take to force carb 5 G, or using the King Keg system, could I naturally carb and use the cartridge for dispensing pressure.

Latest posts

Back