Anyone going to the 2018 Homebrew Con in Portland Oregon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there, and would love to put faces and voices to some handles and avatars. Check out the Impaling Alers booth on club night - they should be serving my Golden Gorilla (nod to Victory's Golden Monkey) Imperial Belgian Triple (15% ABV.) Was a big hit with the club.

Brew on :mug:

Who else is getting excited? I’m a week ahead of myself. I seriously thought it was this weekend.

We're already here! Although we will be spending part of this next week on the coast, we're in Portland for a couple of days first. Back into Portland on Wednesday and plan to be at Yoop's presentation.

Edit....
IMG_20180620_163017132.jpg

Last edited:
leaving today. Looking forward to it. Got car just about packed up with kegs, bottles, and growlers for the 27 hour drive. Not looking forward to that part.
cheers--
--Michael

We're already here! Although we will be spending part of this next week on the coast, we're in Portland for a couple of days first. Back into Portland on Wednesday and plan to be at Yoop's presentation.
Terrific photo. Where along the coast are you all visiting? If you get out to Cannon Beach be sure to visit Public Coast Brewing Company.

Photo from the Timberline Lodge, after being pelted by hail and rain (in our rental car!) :p

We'll be in Newport, then Manzanita. Cannon Beach is on the list, we will be happy to check out PCBC. Thanks!

Be sure to check out De Garde in Tillamook when you are heading up the coast from Newport to Manzanita.
Photo from the Timberline Lodge, after being pelted by hail and rain (in our rental car!) :p

We'll be in Newport, then Manzanita. Cannon Beach is on the list, we will be happy to check out PCBC. Thanks!

Btw, did you happen to recognize the Lodge from somewhere else? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Be sure to check out De Garde in Tillamook when you are heading up the coast from Newport to Manzanita.
We were down in the southern burbs to connect with friends, and "had" to kill some time in some wine tasting to avoid the rush hour traffic. Between wineries, breweries and dispenseries, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone who wants to sell you some really good stuff!:p

I'm going to be heading out from the Emerald City around 5AM tomorrow. Hope I can get South of the Capitol before too much traffic forms.
Ugh. So early. Was thinking of leaving around 9ish from Seattle. But, hey, I’m not the one driving in my group.

Where is registration and the best place to park?
level1_AEDs_map.png
Registration is at pre-function C. That's the NE section of the building. Parking is sketchy in that neighborhood. I would definitely park under the convention center if there's still room. You can get under there on the south side of the building off Lloyd or the west side off 1st.

If it's full I have parked at the Liberty centre garage before. It's a couple blocks away at 6th & Oregon.

Last edited:
Yup. Under convention is best near any elevator. Dinner and then kick-off party! Cheers y’all. Hope to run into folks sometime this weekend.

Last edited:
Welp, I guess meeting up at a huge convention is tricky. I at least got to meet @Yooper briefly. I did have a blast. Ended up going to Rouge to hang out with attendees and Charlie P. First time experience so it was a little overwhelming. The trade show did put a substantial dent in my wallet (purchased a brew system and the Spike CF10 ... HUGE discount). I saw BrewTubers in passing. Finally joined a club local to me and hung out with them too (they were interested in me hosting topics such as roasting your own coffee for your homebrew). Learned that my brews could easily compete after tasting some entry brews on Knock Out night. Learned that I’m not too different from those who attended. And finally I learned that I can only handle 2 pints worth of samples (I didn’t count the ones I ended up dumping in the bucket). All in all I really had a good time while learning new things even after 20 years of brewing. Wish I could’ve met more of you all but it was such a big and busy yet successful convention. Cheers!

I am so glad I got to meet some of you- even though I only saw @stella_tigre once, and @PeteSeattle once, and also @shoengine. I think I saw @6Tap only a couple of times. I lost track of @doug293cz each time I’d stop to talk to him. Overall it was a good conference, and I really enjoyed meeting people and putting names with faces.

It was great meeting @Yooper . She is a real bundle of energy. Her talk on fermenting different things was quite good, especially since the only thing I ferment is beer.

Sorry I didn't run into any of the rest of you who attended. Did any of you stop by the Impaling Alers' booth on club night and taste my Golden Gorilla Imperial Belgian Triple?

Brew on :mug:

I am so glad I got to meet some of you- even though I only saw @stella_tigre once, and @PeteSeattle once, and also @shoengine. I think I saw @6Tap only a couple of times. I lost track of @doug293cz each time I’d stop to talk to him. Overall it was a good conference, and I really enjoyed meeting people and putting names with faces.

Thanks for stopping by the side of the South Sound Suds booth for my cider/mead. I can't remember if I poured you NE Cider, dessert pyment or Alcoholic Candy.

Cheers--
Michael

Back