Another dumb blonde...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABlovers

Reaction score
Well, I just replied to a post from a year ago... :p What can I say, I'm new. I actually joined this site for my husband, who just told me the other day that he wanted to do some home-brew. We're after that Arrogant Bastard flavor, or Ruination, since we can't seem to find anyplace around here that will keep it in stock. With Valentine's Day around the corner, I think I'm going to take that comment I replied to (which was from LAST valentines day) and get my AB lover a basket of brews...

BTW, I wasn't aware (as many dumb blondes are accused) that I actually logged us in as "AB lovers" and then read a post referring to "Anheiser-Busch" as AB lovers... Just to clarify, these here ABlovers are ARROGANT BASTARDs!

Other than Stone Brewing products, our usual store swill is Miller Hi-Life. But when the money's rollin in, we go for Newcastle or Hairy Eyeball or Henry Wienhardts... I personally like the "crispiness" of pale ale, but I also like the 8.9%Alc. Content of some of Stone's stuff. Any suggestions for similar home brews?

What kind of beer is Arrogant Bastard? That's what we want to try...

You guys are crackin me up, especially the string short story. Thanks for making me feel at home. Beer lovers are the best lovers...:rolleyes:

i love arrogent b. its really doesnt fit a category very well but i would call it an Imperial american brown ale. its 7.2 percent abv, and bitter as hell (im guessing 45+ ibu's) good luck brewing that! this is a world class beer, very balanced for as strong as it is. check out there website they might have a clue as to a recipe...

Welcome aboard! Please don't touch walker. We'll have to clean it up afterwards. Hope you continue to enjoy!

cgravier said:
i love arrogent b. its really doesnt fit a category very well but i would call it an Imperial american brown ale. its 7.2 percent abv, and bitter as hell (im guessing 45+ ibu's) good luck brewing that! this is a world class beer, very balanced for as strong as it is. check out there website they might have a clue as to a recipe...

Have you had any of the brews by Lagunitas? Hairy Eye-Ball has about 9% abv--but it's another that has bit the dust in our local stores. Really good stuff. Well, now I know everyone here will assume I'm in love with Bud by my moniker... jt gets them off the trail, right?

I'm just concerned walker! The 'wocka chocka' guitar based 70's funk music starts everytime you show your face, you drop your punchline and away you go. You a koala by any chance?

i love lagunitas...there Dog town pale ale is my fav. ipa in the world. (its similar to anchor liberty, but better) there actual IPA is good too but a bit acloholic tasting for me, thats why i prefer the dog town, its still an ipa, just with less intense alcohol warming...there beers are soo hoppy!

now that i live in va i cant get them anymore :(

p.s. i thought by your moniker that you loved doing sit-ups or something...

Well, I think I might have done a sit-up last night in bed when I reached for my last sip of AB! Bye for now... Gotta go stock up for Friday night Olympics!

Walker said:
that one went right over my head. :eek:
Australasian mammal of course.
Eats shoots and leaves. That's the rumour Walker, thats what the girls say....
Walker said:
that one went right over my head. :eek:
Hang on -How does ANYTHING get over that hair?????

Gee, won't anyone answer your question? Austin Homebrew Supply has a clone recipe for Arrogant Bastard.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_21_46_43_245&products_id=1096

This link should get you there. I suggest doing the Mini Mash kit rather than the extract on this one. You will only need a larger grain bag and an extra 45 minutes time to make it with the Mini Mash version. The price is the same and if you order two kits, or a total of $60.00, shipping is free.

Personally, I hate the stuff. I am just a sweet bastard. I love Newcastle Brown Ale.

ABlover, check out some brews by Bear Republic. their Racer 5 IPA is kick ass, as well as the Hop Rod Rye. you and your hubby will have a good night after a couple of those bad boys!

also, try the Double Bastard from Stone.....heavinly........

no such thing as dumb blondes! just incredible women!!!!!!!!!

Walker said:
You sure about that? Last I read, they were marsupials.

:cool:
Quote - Marsupials are the group of mammals commonly thought of as pouched mammals.:rolleyes:

Prowler 13 said:
Gee, won't anyone answer your question? Austin Homebrew Supply has a clone recipe for Arrogant Bastard. .... I love Newcastle Brown Ale.

Perfect! I love newcastle as well... but the price kills me!

I won't be able to get the kit in time for val day, but a bucket of good beers will suffice... Thanks. I guess it's time to stop talkin and start brewin:D

DeRoux's Broux said:
also, try the Double Bastard from Stone.....heavinly........

no such thing as dumb blondes! just incredible women!!!!!!!!!

I got the number of the local Stone distributor, so maybe I'll actually find some of their other brews around here...

Such a perceptive man... my husband will be jealous that there is another as wise as he--on a beer blog at that!!!

Back