Another what to brew thread?!.....yep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storytyme

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of these threads out there, so I thought I would throw out my mind block on what to brew. Like most of you I have been drinking a lot of home-brew over the holidays, but probably giving away more of it. I have two brew days (hopefully) until I have to go back to work. On one of those days I was going to do an English Pale/Ordinary Bitter. The other day???

I am not a fan of stouts. I was thinking Brown Ale, but had a few last night and I am rethinking that. Here is what I have on tap:

Arrogant Bastard Clone @ 7.0%
Citra IPA @ 6.7%
Sierra Nevada Celebration Clone @ 6.8%

I have a Pils lagering that will be @ 5.4% range

I really like IPA's and Pales, but I don't necessarily want another 6.5-7.5% brew on tap. Looking for something in the 5.5-6.0% range and not a lager.

Throw your thoughts out there. Much appreciated

Looks like you would enjoy a clone of Dogfish Heads Indian Brown Ale. Plenty of hops. You could dial down your grain a bit, as the ABV 7.2%, but just scale is to 5% and I thin you'd like it.

You could do a dry-hopped Saison.

I recommend going out of the comfort zone and brewing a different type of Belgian beer: Dubbel would be perfect.

I think a saison is a good idea. You can easily have a 4-5% saison and perhaps dry hop like @remmy mentioned or add fruit.

Great ideas. Thank you. I've done Belgium Styles and didn't really enjoy them too much. May have to try it again.

Looks like you would enjoy a clone of Dogfish Heads Indian Brown Ale. Plenty of hops. You could dial down your grain a bit, as the ABV 7.2%, but just scale is to 5% and I thin you'd like it.

Is there a recipe for this?

Back