American Pale Ale Recipie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eli_adler

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I am New to making my own recipes, and i thought i would try something new. I am going to be brewing a All Grain APA, and I just wanted to make sure my recipe looked alright. Here it is...

Ingredients:
Grains:
8 lbs 2 row
1 lb pale ale malt
4 oz Crystal 10L
4 oz Crystal 40L
Hop Additions:
1/2 Ounce Northern Brewer at 60 mins, 1/2 Ounce Northern Brewer at 30 mins, 3/4 Ounce Palisade at 4 min 1 Ounce Cascade at 4 mins, 1/4 Ounce Palisade at Flameout,1 Ounce cascade Dry Hop.

Looks good except for the 30 min addition of NB. It's not going to do much for you there. I think it would be better to do 1 oz of NB at 60 mins. You could also do something around the 15 min mark that will give you a little more depth of flavor.

Do you think about 1/2-3/4 ounce of Mt Rainier (one of my favorite dual purpose hops at around 6% AA) would work at the 15 minute mark? I will change the 30 min addition.

Thank you, here is my new hop bill:

1 Ounce Northern Brewer at 60 mins
3/4 ounce Mt Rainier at 15 mins
1 ounce cascade at 4 mins
3/4 ounce Palisade at 4 mins
1/4 ounce palisade at Flameout
I hope it turns out good, and again, thanks. Oh, Do you think i should add my extra quarter ounce of Rainier at flameout?

I think they are using 1 oz of Cascade for dry hopping. Add the Rainier rather than have it go to waste.

I think they are using 1 oz of Cascade for dry hopping. Add the Rainier rather than have it go to waste.

I appologize for the misunderstanding, I thought the cascade was going in at 4min. Either way, this sounds pretty solid to me. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

I brewed up a SMaSH Pale Ale on the weekend...
10lbs 2-Row (mashed at 148 for 90)
1.5oz cascade at 90min
1oz cascade at 10min
1.5oz cascade at 1min
American Ale Yeast Blend (WLP060)
It's my first smash...hoping it will be good

Latest posts

Back