Alvinne's Morpheus Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senegalego

Reaction score
Hi All,

1st post here, long time lurker.

I was lucky enough to buy a bottle of Gentleman's Sour Ale by Alvinne/Naparbier and on the label it says it was fermented by Alvine's proprietary yeast , Morpheus.

I was wondering if anyone knows which kind of bugs are in this yeast. Anyone has an idea?

Thanks!

Cheers from Barcelona.

Hi All,

1st post here, long time lurker.

I was lucky enough to buy a bottle of Gentleman's Sour Ale by Alvinne/Naparbier and on the label it says it was fermented by Alvine's proprietary yeast , Morpheus.

I was wondering if anyone knows which kind of bugs are in this yeast. Anyone has an idea?

Thanks!

Cheers from Barcelona.

Welcome to the forum. :mug:

I just got back from Barcelona and brought back some Mica and La Cibeles but I wish I'd been able to find some Spanish wild beers. Here is an article on that Morpheus yeast: http://nepenthiology.com/picobrouwerij-alvinnes-morpheus-yeast-strain/

Cheers

Thanks, Hokie! Very useful information!

Hey, Hopper, that's exactly what I want to do. :) Steal their yeast to brew something interesting.

Hokie's link was very interesting, in a nutshell, it says it is a mix of sac and lacto.

As far as I understand, lacto and sac, have different 'activation' temps. Lacto works at 45C and sac much below that, at around 20C.

In this case, can I just pitch my starter at 45C, wait for a few days to the lacto perform its souring and then drop the temp do 20C in order to make sac work? Or I should pitch twice, in different temps?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Cheers!

Thanks, Hokie! Very useful information!

Hey, Hopper, that's exactly what I want to do. :) Steal their yeast to brew something interesting.

Hokie's link was very interesting, in a nutshell, it says it is a mix of sac and lacto.

As far as I understand, lacto and sac, have different 'activation' temps. Lacto works at 45C and sac much below that, at around 20C.

In this case, can I just pitch my starter at 45C, wait for a few days to the lacto perform its souring and then drop the temp do 20C in order to make sac work? Or I should pitch twice, in different temps?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Cheers!
Yeah I’d like to know, I’m trying to pitch their Sigma

Back