Agave Syrup....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwk-I-St8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My son wants me to make a Gose that is kind of like a margarita (wants the mexican theme for reasons I won't bother going into.

I have a base gose recipe that I'm pretty good with, but not sure how to get the lime and tequila aspects. I bought some agave syrup and thought I'd go with that. We're going to keg condition this and I thought maybe the agave syrup would be a good source of sugar for that. I'm really not sure how much to add both from a flavor perspective and from a sugar perspective. I can always spund (already have the valve) so I'm not too worried about over-carbing if I need more syrup for flavor than I'd want for carb.

How much is a good amount to add a nice tequila element? How can I calculate how much I need for cabonation...want to make sure I have enough.

Also, thoughts on getting the lime element?

Founders did exactly what you're talking about here. It was called Mas Agave and was fantastic (IMO) I wish I still had some of them. It was a lime gose with agave aged in tequila barrels. Not sure how much info you can find on it, but you might try emailing the brewery to see if they'd share any tips. Please report back on how this goes, I'd love to brew one of these one day.

My son wants me to make a Gose that is kind of like a margarita (wants the mexican theme for reasons I won't bother going into.

I have a base gose recipe that I'm pretty good with, but not sure how to get the lime and tequila aspects. I bought some agave syrup and thought I'd go with that. We're going to keg condition this and I thought maybe the agave syrup would be a good source of sugar for that. I'm really not sure how much to add both from a flavor perspective and from a sugar perspective. I can always spund (already have the valve) so I'm not too worried about over-carbing if I need more syrup for flavor than I'd want for carb.

How much is a good amount to add a nice tequila element? How can I calculate how much I need for cabonation...want to make sure I have enough.

Also, thoughts on getting the lime element?

You might try here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/margarita-gose.594994/

Back