Advice on brew magic stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlwahler

Reaction score
i was going to buy a single tier stand from brewersequipment but after reading so many bad reviews i decided to go another route, i cannot weld or build one myself and i want a nice stand, i am not doing rims or herms or full auto or anything yet...i am looking at just getting the brew magic stand....just the stand....shipped it will be about $1250....what do u guys thikn...i like the stand and i like that i can ad alot of upgrades later to it, the ohter option i was looking at was this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/stainless-steel-brewing-rig-very-unique-271093/ i can pikck it up from him.... i am torn any help is appreciated, i also am thikning off contacting the badass brewstand guy as well...i liek the brew magic becasue i am dealing with a company directly not a person through paypal, i also thought about the top tier but really dont like hte idea of the height and levels and waht not

You CAN'T build it or you don't WANT to build it and have the pockets to compensate? If you can use a wrench, anyone can build the erector set style.

Here is a simple link.
http://www.aleiens.com/profiles/blogs/wallace-the-weldless-brew

It is as customizable as you can get. Build it up, build it long, add any gadgets to it that you might pick up as you delve further into brewing. You are saying you might want to upgrade, well this is definitely not limiting you from doing that.

For one exactly like the one in the link its less than 10% of the price you were looking to spend. Just thought i would throw that idea to you.

Maybe you can get some dimensions, pictures, etc.. and go to a local welder and see if he's interested in fabricating it for you.
You'll never know unless you try!

its more the fact i dont want to build it, i am actually a contractor and am sure i could build it but i dont wled and dont wanna piece it together with burners and all , seems easirer ti just buy one, just looking for input on which route to go....thanks

Ooh... I like it.

Having just moved recently, I particularly appreciate the fact that it could be broken down to take up less space if and when it does need to be transported.

He mentions on that page that the metal will be prone to corrosion, and his pics show some. I'm thinking a couple spray cans of grill paint would take care of that issue and dress it up a bit as well.

Looks like it would also be pretty simple to start with that design as a base, then add on a little extra so you could start with a gravity fed system then flatten it out as you acquire pumps... Looks very customizable.

I have decided on the brew magic stand only or the custom rig in the link I have I can pick up both so no shiiping costs and costs of both stands are the sane. What di u guys thunk. And why. Its between these two only so no input on building one IR going another route. Thanks guys

i bought a blichmann top tier that i'm very happy with, it was $835 shipped. i like that i can take it apart for storage or travel, it can be configured in a variety of ways for use with or without pumps. it does not have the automation that the brew magic has but i'm ok with that.

if it was just between the two.. I would go with the Sabco... to "future proof" my system.... but really you can't go wrong either way I don't think.

Just choosing between the magic and the custom I would definitely say the magic. It seems more "open" which is just my preference i guess. The custom stand doesn't look like you could add to it as easily as well.

Back