Adding Vanillia to RIS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jturman35

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I brewed a RIS a month ago and its still in the conical. I have brewed this before and it takes at least about 3-6 months to condition. This time i am adding three Madagascar vanilla beans, just not sure when. I scraped the insides and have soaking in one ounce of Disaronno, its all I had. My concern is adding the vanilla and it fades to quickly. My plan was to add the tincture to the keg when i get ready to rack. Do you think the vanilla will still come through a year down the road?

16.5 lbs MO
1.5 Roasted Barley
1 special B
1 Flaked Oats
12oz Pale choc
8oz Caramunich
US05

Hey guys I brewed a RIS a month ago and its still in the conical. I have brewed this before and it takes at least about 3-6 months to condition. This time i am adding three Madagascar vanilla beans, just not sure when. I scraped the insides and have soaking in one ounce of Disaronno, its all I had. My concern is adding the vanilla and it fades to quickly. My plan was to add the tincture to the keg when i get ready to rack. Do you think the vanilla will still come through a year down the road?

16.5 lbs MO
1.5 Roasted Barley
1 special B
1 Flaked Oats
12oz Pale choc
8oz Caramunich
US05
Yes. It will come through. I personally use 2 vanilla beans with rum or vodka in my imperial stouts. Then I add it to the keg as I rack. 2 vanilla beans is vanilla prominent, 1 would most likely be supportive.

Latest posts

Back