A new brewer here from MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weissbiergirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm happy to have found such an informative and helpful website for homebrewing, and am glad to be a member. For the past few years I've been brewing with Mr. Beer, which has been great in getting me started with brewing, and experimenting with different recipes, as well as learning the easy & hard ways (exploding bottles anyone? ;)) about the basic aspects of brewing beer. I've been interested in graduating to bigger brewing, for which I have purchased or accumulated all the appropriate equipment, so I guess the best way to get started is just to jump right in. I participated in "Teach a Friend to Brew" day over the weekend at a friend's Beer & Wine Making store and I brewed a double chocolate oatmeal stout. I had a lot of fun, and I hope my first brew will come out okay. I'm looking forward to learning more about brewing on this friendly website, and maybe down the road I'll be ready to share some tips of my own with other brewers. Cheers! :)

Welcome, from the state's northwest corner! I used to live in Greenfield and would drive into NoHo pretty much every weekend, I miss being able to do that. I'm assuming you're talking about the HBS there on King Street?

There's a group of us MA/VT/NY/NH brewers who like to get together, brew, and drink ourselves silly, keep your eyes peeled for "Yankee Ingenuity" gatherings if you're interested.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

Welcome, from the state's northwest corner! I used to live in Greenfield and would drive into NoHo pretty much every weekend, I miss being able to do that. I'm assuming you're talking about the HBS there on King Street?

There's a group of us MA/VT/NY/NH brewers who like to get together, brew, and drink ourselves silly, keep your eyes peeled for "Yankee Ingenuity" gatherings if you're interested.
I brewed at a friend's new store in Ludlow, DIY Brewing. Yes, I do also shop at the HBS on King Street. :)

Thanks for letting me know about Yankee Ingenuity, sounds like a fun group, definitely down my alley! :mug:

Back