2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it safe to come out yet? Are they gone?

Stats are stats. We've come from behind before. I hope so. I really hoped that this year was going to be different. That the teams I love so dearly wouldn't get right to the brink of glory and then blow it royally. And here I am eating a hell of a lot of foot.

Still a chance. Let's Go Caps!

Hard fought game ends in a gut punch for Blues' fans...off to the next one.

(I had just poured a hefeweizen when the Stars scored the OT goal...)

Caps broke my heart on Wednesday, I sooooooooo hope they don't do it again on Saturday. But I can't help but think they will..... :(

6/16

Significantly better from the Caps tonight. Still not perfect, but much closer to where we should be. Of course the Pens going in the box constantly sure helped.

Keep this up and we might just make it out of this hole. Back to Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

Let's Go Caps!

Pens want to end this series in the Burgh. Nice win, this series is over Tuesday night!

Question for you, Fleury or Murray for game 6?

I'm not sure which I'd prefer. I think Murray has been a huge factor in the Pens success in this series so far (Game 3 in particular), but he didn't look nearly as solid tonight. Is Murray's hot streak over? Is a cold Fleury going to be better?

I'd stick with Murray for game 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fluery though, even if he loses he'll get a warm up game and be ready for game 7.

Interesting question.
The Isles might face the same one. Halak was reportedly skating in practice. Griess has been great, but the last two were losses. If Halak can go, do you put him in the net?

I guess they should have started Halak!
Well, good luck to all the remaining teams (and fans)
For all of the rest of us, I hope for more exciting games, lots of OT, and seven game series.

Murray. Not sure why you'd even ask this. He has been the man.

I would prefer a cold Fleury for the same reason ;)

However as I said Murray wasn't as hot in game 5, and the talk of Fleury returning was there before that. I was curious where Pens supporters stood. And got the answer I figured.

Thanks. That was a bad one, especially after two OT games.
The good news is that we had family over for Mother's Day, so I only got glimpses instead of watching every minute, hoping for a comeback.

Go Bolts! On of my son's took me to the Lightning playoff game a week ago Saturday. Great game, and we had an awesome time. It's nice when they reciprocate when they are older, after all the games I took them to when they were kids! They wanted 14 bucks and change for a tall Coors light can. We looked around and found Sierra Nevada Pale Ales for like 10 dollars. Good find!

Nice story. I had a similar beer experience at the Colosseum, or maybe Yankee Stadium. Bud Light was $12, but Goose IPA was $13. Not a tough choice.

Thanks, Yea Goose IPA is great! To tell you the truth I grew up in Garden City Long Island. I was an Islander fan since I could remember. All my friends were Ranger fans but not me. I loved the Islanders. The last time I saw them was in the Colosseum and they played the Rangers back in 1978. Then we moved to Florida and they were awesome in the early 80's. I eventually became a Lightning fan when the team started up and have been loyal ever since. But secretly if they did loose to the Islanders, I wouldn't have been that upset!

John

My wife's company occasionally gets box tickets. While the actual tickets themselves are never that great, and the free food is mostly garbage, the open bar is nice, even if it's all AB-InBev stuff. But free Goose Island is good enough for me.

Otherwise, I don't buy beer at sporting events. I go broke enough buying my couple tickets a year. I'd sooner smuggle in a flask.

When will the Canadian announcers give Tampa Bay some respect? It's like they don't remember that MOST of our players are not from the USA. Except the best goalie in the league!

Well, I thought the Caps were just going to roll over and die there for a bit. Hell of a comeback, with a disappointing finish in OT. Oh well. That was a hell of a series.

Blues??

Wow. Didn't see that coming at the start of the playoffs...

But now I'm officially on the Lightning Bolt bandwagon! Stevie Y and Co. can kick Penguin butt!

6-1....ahahahaha! Suck it, Dallas! Can't wait for game 7 tonight. Let's go Sharks!

Dang. Most of those were not exactly unstoppable snipes. (Well, at least the ones that counted towards the demoralizing of the team).

I think it's official that the hockey gods hate the offsides challenge.

Tarasenko's first period goal is disallowed and 4 seconds are put back on the clock. The Blues get it back within a minute then score again on a squibber with 3.8 left.

It is always satisfying when a game 7 is won with one sided scoring. There are no what-ifs or excuses. I hate double ot game 7s. It almost takes away a little bit of validation from the winner.

Back