2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought so too. At the same level of the Black Sabathias, almost.
I may need to think of a better name for my team now.

Howdy guys! Thanks for the invite Johnny. I am a die hard Rangers fan, so I thought the name was fitting. Glad you like it. I'm looking forward to kicking your collective asses! I figure I might as well start my trash talk since I'm a few days behind! :D

Thanks for Kimbrel, jumpx...perhaps you can explain why you want Grilli over the best closer in baseball?

I have 4 quality closers now, I know that a lot of you are short on the closer front, so I am willing to trade away any of them (Kimbrel included). Make me an offer!

Dave

P.S. I LOVE TRADES!

Thanks for Kimbrel, jumpx...perhaps you can explain why you want Grilli over the best closer in baseball?

I have 4 quality closers now, I know that a lot of you are short on the closer front, so I am willing to trade away any of them (Kimbrel included). Make me an offer!

Dave

P.S. I LOVE TRADES!

Whoa. I can't imagine that wasn't a mistake.

Dave, be cautious with any immediate trades of closers. I'd like to see jumpxii's take on this. Dropping Kimbrel may have been an accident. In that case, I might be putting him back on jumpxii's roster (if I'm able to as commish).

Also, Kimbrel is on waivers, and anyone can claim him at this point. I can't see the waiver priority order right now, but whoever is highest on that list who puts in a claim will get him.

EDIT. I stand corrected. You're on top of the list. How did you manage that? lol

EDIT #2: If this does go through, I am interested in your trade proposal. I have to look a bit closer (no pun intended), but I'm definitely interested.

Dave

P.S. I LOVE TRADES!

Dave,

Thanks for the offer, but No thanks...not a big C. Perez fan(especially with his shoulder issues) trades are awesome, but I cant give up W.Myers for him ;)

Dave, be cautious with any immediate trades of closers. I'd like to see jumpxii's take on this. Dropping Kimbrel may have been an accident. In that case, I might be putting him back on jumpxii's roster (if I'm able to as commish).

Also, Kimbrel is on waivers, and anyone can claim him at this point. I can't see the waiver priority order right now, but whoever is highest on that list who puts in a claim will get him.

EDIT. I stand corrected. You're on top of the list. How did you manage that? lol

EDIT #2: If this does go through, I am interested in your trade proposal. I have to look a bit closer (no pun intended), but I'm definitely interested.

I am pretty sure that I am at the top of the waiver list because I had the last selection of the draft order.

I will only be a little upset if you give Kimbrel back! :tank:

I will cancel all trade offers for now. But if this goes through I am game for anything. For what it's worth he has 3 good closers, including Jason Motte, Jonathan Papelbon and now Grilli, I am not sure how this would be a mistake, looking at his team. Besides, of course, dropping Kimbrel seems like it would be so.

Dave,

Thanks for the offer, but No thanks...not a big C. Perez fan(especially with his shoulder issues) trades are awesome, but I cant give up W.Myers for him ;)

Any of the others you would make that trade for?

Dave,

When is Myers going to be promoted? I drafted him in another league.

When is Myers going to be promoted? I drafted him in another league.

Hopefully ASAP, haha. probably around the All Star break...Hopefully he continues to rake in the minors and works on refining his tools. I think he's gonna be a stud!

What can I say? Maybe not paying as much attention as I should, but you've got to live on the edge.

It might turn out to be a mistake, but I'm not about to start claiming an 'accident', so I wouldn't dream of asking to reverse my move, although I appreciate the offer.

Last season was my first fantasy season, and I can't keep up with MLB very well from over here in England- I have to rely on podcasts etc, so I'm always behind...

Once again, like last season, my aim is to not lose every matchup. Last season I wanted to win at least 2. This season I'll let my sights higher- maybe 0.300!

What can I say? Maybe not paying as much attention as I should, but you've got to live on the edge.

It might turn out to be a mistake, but I'm not about to start claiming an 'accident', so I wouldn't dream of asking to reverse my move, although I appreciate the offer.

Last season was my first fantasy season, and I can't keep up with MLB very well from over here in England- I have to rely on podcasts etc, so I'm always behind...

Once again, like last season, my aim is to not lose every matchup. Last season I wanted to win at least 2. This season I'll let my sights higher- maybe 0.300!

haha. Thanks for checking in and being honest that you might be clinically insane.

When I made the decision I was trying out the iPhone app. Comparing players I have to admit misinterpreting a stat. When a bigger number is actually worse, rather than better... That's what I get for not being born and bred in baseball!

Here's hoping Kimbrel struggles and Grilli has an outstanding year!

But like I said- I'm not interested in having the decision reversed- I'll live with it and hopefully learn from it...

So excited for the season to get started now. And in 2 weeks the season starts for the team I actually play for here in the UK. Feel free to check us out at www.southamptonmustangs.co.uk if you like. I play for the Mustang II team- the lower level one.

Can't wait to get this thing going. I love baseball. I won't claim to be a great fantasy player, but I sure do enjoy playing. I created a league a few years ago for my brother and I. We played 2 seasons with just 2 teams, his and mine. It was awesome. Then last year we decided to invite some friends. It's a fun league filled with mostly trash talking and beer. So it should be similar to this one! I started playing with the ESPN format and made a few moves. It's similar to the Yahoo format I am use to it, but it will take a little getting used to. As long as my players are set, though, I feel like I can wing the rest.

Go Rangers!!

Can't wait for the season to start as well. Baseball season brings with it so many good things. Not the least of which is cold beers and barbecue.

Al, that's awesome that you play some organized ball.

Can't wait to get this thing going. I love baseball. I won't claim to be a great fantasy player, but I sure do enjoy playing. I created a league a few years ago for my brother and I. We played 2 seasons with just 2 teams, his and mine. It was awesome. Then last year we decided to invite some friends. It's a fun league filled with mostly trash talking and beer. So it should be similar to this one! I started playing with the ESPN format and made a few moves. It's similar to the Yahoo format I am use to it, but it will take a little getting used to. As long as my players are set, though, I feel like I can wing the rest.

Go Rangers!!

We are glad to have you. If you have any questions about the formatting of the website or the manipulation of it, ask here. We are happy to help!

Baseball, trash talking and beer ......Throw in bacon and I'm not sure it can get any better ( screw apple pie and Chevys). Yehhhhhhh!

Oh, and was gonna say something about gingers but since you're a Rangers fan, I'll bite my tongue, at least until we go head to head. ;)

Baseball, trash talking and beer ......Throw in bacon and I'm not sure it can get any better ( screw apple pie and Chevys). Yehhhhhhh!

Oh, and was gonna say something about gingers but since you're a Rangers fan, I'll bite my tongue, at least until we go head to head. ;)

Ha! I bought a 2003 Chevy impala today.

Annnnd mmmmmmbacon.

Guidry said:

Im not a ginger. I was 20 some odd years ago. Damn near bald now and the facial hair is gray! Haha you a ranger fan? I have my opening day tickets. Is everyone else ready?

I'm going to be in NY for Easter through Monday. My dad called today and said he was offered two opening day tickets for Monday. I told him I'd rather watch the game at home with him and my son. That might make me a *****, but I don't care.

I love watching the games on tv with my son. I like going with him even more. But opening day is a tradition my brother and i started and since my son will be leaving with his Reserve unit for Panama in the morning, he cant go anyway. This will be the 4th year in a row we have gone to the home opener. Technically we are in Houston for opening day this year. I really wanted to drive down and go, but my bank account had other plans!

I hear you. But at under two years old is more of a hassle than its worth. Plus opening day in Texas is a little different than in ny. Especially the past few years. For one thing is warm there. I've been to more than a fair share of opening days in tundra- like conditions. Also you're more excited about your team this year. The mets suck this year. They have three healthy starting pitchers and no major league outfielders.

Opening day is a tradition that I feel should be a national holiday! I own my own business's and I'm NOT working on Monday. I will be attending the home opener @ The newly revamped Dodger Stadium as we host the world champion Giants...weather will be perfect as usual herein Southern California.

I do love watching games at home, but nothing beats a ballgame...Alfred(Bridgetown IPA Junkies) and a few friends will be taking the train downtown to barhop and pregame without fear of driving, gonna be a blast! So happy baseball is back

O, can you post up some pics of the renovated stadium when you go? It's been around so long, they never show the ins and outs of Dodger Stadium on games I watch. Would love to get some different perspectives. Enjoy the game.

And totally agreed. Completely stoked that baseball is back. So is my kid. Had to bring him to the doctor this morning. He insisted that we both wear our Mets hats. 19 months old and he's already a die hard.

O, can you post up some pics of the renovated stadium when you go? It's been around so long, they never show the ins and outs of Dodger Stadium on games I watch. Would love to get some different perspectives. Enjoy the game.

And totally agreed. Completely stoked that baseball is back. So is my kid. Had to bring him to the doctor this morning. He insisted that we both wear our Mets hats. 19 months old and he's already a die hard.

Johnny,
I'll take some pictures for you. I posted up a few pictures of the work in progress when Alfred and I attended the "select a seat" luncheon for season ticket holders. Here's a link to an LA Times article about the renovations...all $100 million of Phase 1...Dodger Stadium is a symbol of baseball symmetry at its finest http://graphics.latimes.com/towergraphic-la-sp-dodger-stadium/

I think this thread may be better than the obnoxious baseball thread. This one only has a few guys in it. Rangers open tomorrow in Houston!!!! It's always been a in state rivalry but now that the Astros have moved to our division, it is gonna be crazy!!!! So 3 with the Astros then hope for the opener with our biggest rival, the Angels. God this week is gonna be great!

I think this thread may be better than the obnoxious baseball thread. This one only has a few guys in it. Rangers open tomorrow in Houston!!!! It's always been a in state rivalry but now that the Astros have moved to our division, it is gonna be crazy!!!! So 3 with the Astros then hope for the opener with our biggest rival, the Angels. God this week is gonna be great!

lol astros
I heard the league is letting them hit off a tee this year.

lol astros
I heard the league is letting them hit off a tee this year.

Haha! And the Mets are still second fiddle in the Big Apple even though the Yankees are older than dirt...can't wait until Cano is playing 2nd base for the Dodgers!

'Stros whooped the Rangers...just saying. So excited for opening day that I cant sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!

'Stros whooped the Rangers...just saying. So excited for opening day that I cant sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!

5:22am here. Kid having trouble sleeping so i was relegated to the couch. Deliberating staying up to kickoff opening day.

JohnnyO said:
Well you'll never know now. lol
Stoked for the Mets home opener in a few hours. Hope I can stay awake. Kid has been up since 3am.

Who are the Mets playing? Good luck on awake. Ive been up since 420 myself. Two of three daughters spent the weekend throwing up and the wife started at 430 this morning. Im going to work from hime and take care of them all. I see a nap in my future at some point!

I have no way of watching my Red Sox open in New York (or rather I can't afford the MLB.TV subscription this year) so I'll end up watching whatever the free game of the day is. Fortunately the games are on at a decent time today. A west coast 7pm game doesn't start until 2am where I am...

Back