1st Brew - What to do next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxman

Reaction score
Everything has been going just right. FG is 1.008 down from 1.048, getting ready to bottle my first homebrew. I have the bottles cleaned, sanitized and in the dishwasher awaiting the Bavarian Hefe. I racked from my fermenter into the bottling bucket. But wait, I forgot something. Forgot to add the priming sugar before the beer. The kit contained 4.5 ounces of sugar and according to Mr. Malty I needed 8 ounces for this style. Does that sound like too much sugar for 5 gallons and how should I add it now? This website is great, could not have made it without your help.

Boil it in a cup of water, cool it to 65 degrees. Add slowly to the beer being careful to not splash, and stir slowly to evenly distribute

HoosierDaddy,

Thanks for the site. It confirms the 8 oz addition of corn sugar. Thanks for the advice.

I wouldn't trust standard bottles for anything above 3 volumes. You might want to reduce the amount of sugar you are planning to add.

Back