1949 GE Fridge makeover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellwood

Reaction score
So I found a guy in Toledo that bought a house and wanted this old fridge out of the basement, I offered him $100 and the rest is history. Stripped it down to it's bare bones, re-wired it, replaced gaskets, painted inside with appliance paint and had a friend spray it with automotive black and do the pearl flames. All the hardware is from Adventures in Homebrewing here in Detroit. I think it turned out sick for a rookie, what do you think?

1757.jpg

1768.jpg

1773.jpg

1774.jpg

1783.jpg

Very nice build! My roommate in college had that same GE refrigerator and it looked about like yours before you started the build. I don't think his was from the 40's, maybe 60's, so GE must have made that one or something close to it for a long time.

Are you using a separate temp controller?

Very nice build! My roommate in college had that same GE refrigerator and it looked about like yours before you started the build. I don't think his was from the 40's, maybe 60's, so GE must have made that one or something close to it for a long time.

Are you using a separate temp controller?

Nope, I set the internal thermostat to run @ 42 and it holds solid, I hardly hear the compressor kick on ever. I could be wrong on the date, I Googled the model number and that's what I found; it's on the internet it must be true!

Back