12 Beers of Christmas 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@JDXX1971 , 'The Fruitcake" has arrived. All six in fine shape. Credit for cross continent success! Just two to go!
20171213_161624.jpg

Also @JDXX1971 , "The Fruitcake" art... Is that Ralph Steadman? And, if so, do you guys get Flying Dog on the West Coast? I know Steadman works outside of the brewing industry, but given the context...

Dont know and never heard of it, but really where I live is like living on an island in Antarctica or some ****.

Tracking# 770924535290 Uh-oh, I just checked the tracking and it says it was delivered on the 12th.

It is official - I am a cotton-headed ninny muggins. I have a stack of unopened boxes of gifts on my brewing table right now. I was waiting for a shipment from a company called NRS. For some reason your box has a return address of NPS, I didn't look closely and assumed that was what I was looking for, and never opened it. I double checked this morning....got em. Sorry for the fire drill, I have all my shipments!

This was a lot of fun! I'd definitely do it again, I'd like to do the lambic next go around since there's usually a lot of sour beer kicking around my house. In fact I have 12 gallons of my pale sour coming up to a boil right now that I kinda sorta earmarked for it.

This was a lot of fun! I'd definitely do it again, I'd like to do the lambic next go around since there's usually a lot of sour beer kicking around my house. In fact I have 12 gallons of my pale sour coming up to a boil right now that I kinda sorta earmarked for it.

There's a good way to guarantee you get your choice of beer...run the next swap! ;)

As you guys start opening and trying these beers through the coming weeks, please post pictures and reviews if you can! I know I would love some feedback on mine, being that it's the first gruit I've ever brewed.

Here's my plan: a new beer each night, starting tonight. Then, christmas night, I will drink my own. I want to make sure my palate is unpolluted, so the 12BOC beer will be the first of the night. I'll do as much of a review as I can. The cider I'll save for new years. If any of you guys think I should not refrigerate right now, and maybe should move down the list, for purposes of bottle conditioning, let me know. Thanks.

upload_2017-12-15_15-16-38.png

Here's my plan: a new beer each night, starting tonight. Then, christmas night, I will drink my own. I want to make sure my palate is unpolluted, so the 12BOC beer will be the first of the night. I'll do as much of a review as I can. The cider I'll save for new years. If any of you guys think I should not refrigerate right now, and maybe should move down the list, for purposes of bottle conditioning, let me know. Thanks.

Let us know which one you go for then, the ginger enhanced or classic.

Merry (12 beers of) Christmas to all the participants in this thread. Easy's beer has me, admittedly, feeling in the spirit. This has been super experience with you guys. I've seen all of you around the forum in the past, but now that we are "breaking bread" together, it's so much more personal.

(OK what's the ABV here? woof)

If anyone's interested I'll fill out bjcp scoresheets when I try the beers and send them via pm.

That would be awesome. I need all the input I can get.:) Hopefully mine is good enough to even be worthy of one.

Latest posts

Back