12 Beers of Christmas 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer gun was a mess last night, I was tired, and not thinking clearly. The bottles are well chilled now, gun cleaned and sanitized, and I'm going back. I hope to get it all bottled, capped, packaged, and out to Fedex tonight.

@dryboroughbrewing , lost one of the sours to breakage in transit. It looks like one of the others was leaking a bit. The other six came in nice and dry even though they were riding in a compromised box. I knew the second I touched the box that there was a break, but I thought it might be far worse. Looks like it might have been rough handling by Brown. Although, if my wife were home, I would have put it on her. Despite the loss, Pete and I still have 7 beers to split! Thanks bud!

20171211_160941.jpg 20171211_155735.jpg

And @dryboroughbrewing

The UPS Santa came to see me today too! One was leaking and is now in the fridge (congrats, you're the first of the 12 Beers of Christmas in my fridge other than mine;)).

25122817448_aff7ec0d6b_c.jpg

We're set, but it's past the cutoff here for pickup, so I'll drop them tomorrow. I bottled two styles, plain and extra ginger. The black slash on the top right of the label will denote that, as well as the lump of ginger in your glass. Thanks again everyone, I hope you all enjoy the brew as much as I did.

jPhIquO.jpg

WUoE7Rl.jpg

The expected delivery dates for the Abbey Weizen are by this Saturday. Depending on where you live, you might see it earlier.

I had a little scare when I was packaging everything up.

I have one of those plastic folding tables you get a Lowes. It comes in handy as a kid's table or an extra buffet table. I set it up in my basement. As I was rolling some bottles up in bubble wrap, one side of the table collapsed. There is a small metal ring that locks the legs in place. Apparently it never caught.

In extreme slow motion, 48 bottles of beer fell to the floor. I yelled '****!' so loud it scared the dog. There was beer everywhere. Luckily, the beer in question was the contents of a pint glass I was drinking at the time. I'm happy to report that I didn't lose a single bottle.

Thanks everyone, the was is this stuff from morebeer.com. It was really easy to work with, and its the easy peel kind, and reusable. So you all should be able to just pull it of and enjoy the brew.

The expected delivery dates for the Abbey Weizen are by this Saturday. Depending on where you live, you might see it earlier.

I had a little scare when I was packaging everything up.

I have one of those plastic folding tables you get a Lowes. It comes in handy as a kid's table or an extra buffet table. I set it up in my basement. As I was rolling some bottles up in bubble wrap, one side of the table collapsed. There is a small metal ring that locks the legs in place. Apparently it never caught.

In extreme slow motion, 48 bottles of beer fell to the floor. I yelled 'fudge!' so loud it scared the dog. There was beer everywhere. Luckily, the beer in question was the contents of a pint glass I was drinking at the time. I'm happy to report that I didn't lose a single bottle.

haha, I saw it all happening in my minds eye as you described it. Fudge wasn't the word that my mind's ear heard though.

We're set, but it's past the cutoff here for pickup, so I'll drop them tomorrow. I bottled two styles, plain and extra ginger. The black slash on the top right of the label will denote that, as well as the lump of ginger in your glass. Thanks again everyone, I hope you all enjoy the brew as much as I did.

jPhIquO.jpg

WUoE7Rl.jpg

Popular Mechanics did an experiment a few years ago that showed 'fragile' packages were actually handled the harshest. There were tons of suggestions to get better handling but my favorite was to have a kid draw pictures and good wishes for grandma all over the box! :D

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...shipping-company-is-kindest-to-your-packages/

Popular Mechanics did an experiment a few years ago that showed 'fragile' packages were actually handled the harshest. There were tons of suggestions to get better handling but my favorite was to have a kid draw pictures and good wishes for grandma all over the box! :D

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...shipping-company-is-kindest-to-your-packages/

HA! That article has some mold on it, let's hope fedex does us all well. Every single one of my packages has arrived safely from everyone so far, and I hope the same happens for all of mine to all of you. Plus, what else would I do with a roll of 1k fragile stickers from amazon?!

I worked for DHL for about a year after high school when they were doing domestic. Fragile meant nothing other than "I hope you packed that well".

haha, I think I actually set up that profanity filter myself. Forgot about it. Try posting a s s h o l e. That's a goody. Better yet, muthafer. If you type out the real thing, I have a great replacement.

wonderful human being

Sorry, I just had to try it!

Edit: Ok, that's pretty damn hysterical!

Hey @passedpawn - where did you get those nice cardboard shipping sleeves?

Here. I bought 25 of them so that I would have some extras. I'm a little nervous to use them though because a couple of you had broken bottles. Not sure how they would get broken in there though, they are protected by 2 layers of cardboard. I think the bottles that were broke were those green bottles, Becks I think, maybe they are weak bottles.

http://spiritedshipper.com/category/5/beer-375ml-shippers/p/0/0

upload_2017-12-13_16-27-29.png

Latest posts

Back