12 Beers Of Christmas 2016!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need to brew this weekend. Can probably be ready to ship in a month but will need further aging from there. I'm going to force-carb in a keg and bottle from there so at least no wait for bottle-conditioning.

Yeah, I keg carb and use a bottle filler also. I had hoped to brew the beer this weekend but my LHBS ran out of the grains I needed so I'm just waiting on the shipment from Northern Brewer. Judging by my timeline on the test batch I should still be good to go.

Hi all...sorry I've been so absent for so long! Been a crazy busy summer, but brewing has continued and I will definitely be ready to ship.

Remember we should be looking to ship the week after Thanksgiving (Nov 27th thru Dec 3rd)...I will probably be shipping on Tuesday the 29th.

Unfortunately we only have 10 beers but I'm still excited!

Hi, Can someone either post the link or PM me the recipe for the spiced cherry dubbel? I'd like to make one and age it about a year, and who knows, maybe get in on the 12 of 2017.

mike_23us reminded me that we should start getting an address list together. He's already sent me his...

Let's consider this a final Go / No Go as well...if you're in and still ready and able to ship come end of November, send me your address via PM.

Once I have a list finalized I will PM the complete list out to everyone....

Okay, I am sending the address now.
Me and Jesseny04 are together so we will be shipping the Juniper Rye Bock and the Saffron Tripel in the same box.
Just send 6 bottles instead of 3 to my address, that will save you a box.

Okay, I am sending the address now.
Me and Jesseny04 are together so we will be shipping the Juniper Rye Bock and the Saffron Tripel in the same box.
Just send 6 bottles instead of 3 to my address, that will save you a box.

Got it, and sounds good! On one of the prior years there was a brewer (? maybe two of them) who brewed two of the beers and sent/received 6 bottles.

Thanks. Not sure how many people actually get the reference.

I should reread them. Trying to get my son into them.

UPDATE: I have received address from only 8 of the 10 who signed on to participate....still waiting for addresses from erick0619 and treacharoustexan. I've reached out to both of them individually by PM. I will wait another day or two and then if we don't hear from them, I will send out the address list that I have...

Beer is kegged and getting bottled tonight. It's tasty! I figure I should bottle the allotment before I get carried away drinking it...

OK Folks, check your PM's! Addresses are out. We've unfortunately dropped down to 8 brewers. One has just faded away, and treacharoustexan has had some infection issues and informs me that the Honey Ginger IPA are gushers.

Let's celebrate what we do have, and look to start shipping a week from today...I know mine will go out the day after that, on Tuesday. Can't wait to start shipping and receiving packages!

OK Folks, check your PM's! Addresses are out. We've unfortunately dropped down to 8 brewers. One has just faded away, and treacharoustexan has had some infection issues and informs me that the Honey Ginger IPA are gushers.

Let's celebrate what we do have, and look to start shipping a week from today...I know mine will go out the day after that, on Tuesday. Can't wait to start shipping and receiving packages!

biochemedic, thanks for getting this together. :ban:

This. Thanks!

Okay, the Juniper Rye Bock and the Saffron Tripel shipped out today. I don't know how long FedEx takes but I suspect you should see them the end of the week. Let me know if the don't show by next Monday and I will check the tracking.

Okay, the Juniper Rye Bock and the Saffron Tripel shipped out today. I don't know how long FedEx takes but I suspect you should see them the end of the week. Let me know if the don't show by next Monday and I will check the tracking.

Awesome! Getting ready to pack up and ship the Fruitcake Old Ale today! Will post some pics in a bit...

All packaged up and ready to roll!

You may or not be able to tell from the picture, but it does have some cloudiness, probably combination of chill haze and pectin from the fruit. Thought it might drop out, and if I had more time might have considered fining it but it still tastes great if I do say so myself...nice and tart from the fruit.

It does have a punch...I estimated the OG (after fruit additions, etc) at 1.082, and FG was 1.015 for an ABV of 8.9%! (And you can tell! Hell yes, I had one at 10:30 in the morning as I was wrapping them up!) I think this one will age just fine!

View attachment 1480438156948.jpg

View attachment 1480438427500.jpg

Nice looking dogs. I'll refrain from sending a picture of the pug.

Will be send out my bottles this weekend. You'll get two versions.
On from my first attempt and two from my second. I like the second
better.

Enjoy!
:mug:

My contribution is on its way (FedEx). I sent two versions, my first batch (Red cap with BQ on top) and two from the second batch (Orange Cap). They are labelled. The orange caps still need a little more time to condition, but should be fine by Christmas.

Thanks again to all.

bourbon spiced stout went out on Saturday. I was going to send everyone tracking info, but I forgot to write down which address went with which tracking number. So, I have a bunch of tracking numbers and no idea where each one is going. But, they're en route! :)

@Teromous how do you affix your labels? Are they adhesive backed, or are they printed on regular paper and glued on with something? They look great.

Back