12 Beers Of Christmas 2016!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Teromous how do you affix your labels? Are they adhesive backed, or are they printed on regular paper and glued on with something? They look great.

I printed them out on regular paper and smeared elmer's glue on the label to stick them to the bottles. I would have used a glue stick if I had one on hand.

Yes those labels are pretty cool...I've always just been a lo tech cap scribbler!

According to UPS, everyone except toschner/jesseny should be delivered...the package to WA should be delivered tomorrow! As we start opening the goods, I plan on posting pics...

Looks like a few of mine were delivered yesterday, a few more out on the trucks today. @tochsner , yours is scheduled for Monday, and @mike_23us you should have yours by Friday.

Just checked my packages and all will have them by Friday.

Those on the east coast will have them today or tomorrow.
West Coast by Friday.

Agreed, the Gingerbread labels are very nice.

For a split second today I panicked thinking one of my packages was returned to sender!

Then I realized, "Strong work Auger, reusing our shipping materials!" I told you those Bark Boxes are perfect for three longnecks...

And I have my own shredded financial records back! :p

Nice work on your labels too Auger!

View attachment 1481074503134.jpg

I show all my packages delivered.

I have all packages except for Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock.

If there were any issues with my packages, please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Just had the Spiced Cherry Dubbel. The Cherry was subtle.
My wife also liked this one.

Very nice.

scd.jpg

Opened the first one tonight...the Gingerbread Ale!

It has a nice deep brown color and the aroma is rich, faintly chocolatey. The ginger is subtle, and it's very well balanced. Wife really likes it too!!! (And keeps stealing the glass from me...She is definitely the dark beer type...)

View attachment 1481935974244.jpg

Poured in proper glassware, nice!
I am hoping to get a few homebrewer friends together and try them all out together.

Thanks for the beers.

GilSwillBasementBrews, I am getting some brewer friends together on New Years Day to taste all the beers. Do you think we will have yours by then?

BTW, for those of you on Untappd the Juniper Rye Bock can be found under Rescue Dog Brewery. If any of you put yours on Untappd, let me know.

BTW, for those of you on Untappd the Juniper Rye Bock can be found under Rescue Dog Brewery. If any of you put yours on Untappd, let me know.

The QR code on my labels will link you to my Untappd page, but if you want to search it, I'm under Auger Brewing Co., in South Windsor. There's also an Auger Brewing Company in PA...that one's not me.

Hey all I know I totally dropped the ball on this one. Had a very messed up last 2 weeks here. Sick as a dog ran out of co2 etc etc Christmas New Years everything. Will be shipping everyone's out later this upcoming week. Again really sorry I missed the Christmas deadline but still wanted to reasssure everyone will be getting theirs. This turned into my Lemony Snicket of beers. Anything and everything that could've transpired to prevent this from shipping on time has occurred. Sorry all.

Hey all I know I totally dropped the ball on this one. Had a very messed up last 2 weeks here. Sick as a dog ran out of co2 etc etc Christmas New Years everything. Will be shipping everyone's out later this upcoming week. Again really sorry I missed the Christmas deadline but still wanted to reasssure everyone will be getting theirs. This turned into my Lemony Snicket of beers. Anything and everything that could've transpired to prevent this from shipping on time has occurred. Sorry all.

So....that upcoming week 3 weeks ago...hows that going?

this was the only one, so realistically we did pretty well. I think we ended up having 10 of the 12 beers claimed, and 2 of the 10 left dropped out prior to shipment, s so there were 8 beers completed and shared. It sounds like Gil had some issues along the way and hasn't shipped yet...or at least I haven't received them yet. Not going back to check, but I don't think there were any issues with breakage during shipping either, so that's good. I'd do it again.

I would do it again. Very happy with the way it turned out (save 1).

I got some good feedback on mine, so the next time I brew it there should be some improvement.

Back