Will this breaker work....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culln5

Reaction score
.... for my 240v control panel?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Eaton-Ty...nd-Fault-Circuit-Breaker-GFTCB230CS/206677556

.... and could I double tap 2 separate outlet runs outlets to it (using only one at a time)? I currently have a range outlet in the kitchen that is not used with my gas range. I would like to replace the current 30 amp breaker with the above one and add a second outlet in my garage. Giving me an option to brew indoors or outdoors.

Looks like the breaker in my spa panel. Is your electrical panel a Cutler Hammer

I believe it is a Square D..... I was under the impression that the UL testing that Eaton did makes it acceptable to add this to my panel......

I believe it is a Square D..... I was under the impression that the UL testing that Eaton did makes it acceptable to add this to my panel......

As long as its the correct type as far as fit and latching mechanism.. thats what most hardware stores carry and most home owners use without issues..
I also used one brand in anothers panel and got a lot of flack for it here... it seems its like using autolite spark plugs in a gm product to them. Even though they are physically the same since they are not "tested" at the factory together they are taboo ... My answer to that is I plug things in to outlets everyday that were never "tested" together... to me if the contact between the breaker and the panel bar is positive and enough to handle the amps passing through it you'll be fine.
If the breaker doesnt fit correctly, the contacts grip the bar poorly or generates a good deal of heat under load at the contact point then there is something wrong but this should not be the case..

Back