Why does this always happen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavywalker

Reaction score
New kegerator arrived today, edgestar two keg setup. Assembly went great, zero issues, got everything hooked up and purged a keg that I just filled with delicious beer. Figured I would force carb at 30 psi for a day and then dial it back down to 10 and have beer by Monday.

I kept waiting for the catch, it always happens, when I am excited about something new something ALWAYS goes wrong to derail the plan. got everything put away and walked by the unit, and heard a hissing sound....

This can't be good, get the star san and spray the regulator and bubbles on the pressure release valve. Dammit, I knew it was too good to be true. :(

Guess I will be on the phone with edgestar tomorrow.

Are you familiar with the law of attraction?

In a nutshel:If you think/imagine/expect bad things to happen, bad things will happen (bad thoughts attract bad actions). And vise versa.

There's a number of books on the theory and a movie.

Have you tried to re-seat the pressure relief valve. Give it a pull, maybe a bit of a twist and see if it still leaks. Or if it is where the valve screws into the body. If so remove it, get some Teflon tape and re-install it and check for leaks. If you can fix it you can get to enjoying your beer long before you can get a replacement.

I tried and it didn't work. I called and they are sending me a new, upgraded, regulator no questions asked, told me to keep the other one for parts.

i had to get a new gauge on mine after about 2 years, worked great otherwise.. but like with anything, some stuff comes from the factory faulty.
Sorry to hear, but at least they are getting it replaced quickly and easily!

Latest posts

Back