Whoops, I over carbed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looneybomber

Reaction score
489186b2-20c4-4210-9a7c-138fbb4ed4d2_zps55905d40.jpg

I forget how many vol's I carbed this quad to, but I want to say 3.3-3.5. I always use one PET bottle so I can check carb levels as time goes on. Eventually it got rock hard, harder than any pop bottle I've felt. At that point, I got scared that I might start blowing bottles, so I put them all in the garage to chill. So far, every bottle pours like this, and this picture was taken maybe 10min after I opened the bottle. Initially it pours only foam. I'm guessing I have a bit more than 3.5vol's...:cross:

Everyone always says to let it condition longer. How long has it been in the bottle

I'd have to check my notes again, but I bottled them sometime during winter break, early January I think. They've sat in my 44-48º garage for probably 2mo now. That's how they all pour. I don't refrigerate them because I don't want to drink them any colder than that.

You can partially crack the cap to purge the excess co2.. There's a video on YouTube about it

Back