white house beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these recipes? Im thinking of being them this weekend but wondering if anyone had tried brewing them.

I have, brewed up the white house honey ale. 14 days @ 65* primary. 14 days @ 65* secondary. 14 days to force carb in a keg, not bad at all. still very young so its been 7 days after the first tasting and even better. so ill say 21 days to age and carb and later. very great tasting beer. will see if the beer will age further.

I just bought the ingredients today, but got 2oz each of the hop varieties since they didn't sell .5oz at my supply store. My biggest concern is how sweet is this beer? Would I be fine adding the extra half-ounce to the brew without needing to add extra honey, or if I do that, should I consider upping my honey input by another 6oz to compensate and keep the hops from overwhelming the honey?

Also, in the recipe, it doesn't say to cold crash. I just want to confirm - is that still necessary, or can it be done both ways?

Edit: Nevermind. I cold-crashed anyway and plugged in the recipe tweak on Brew Pal. Looks like I'll have a good balance of hop to malt :)

Back